Author Topic: Windage Correction? Which way?  (Read 1069 times)

Offline GeneRector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Windage Correction? Which way?
« on: September 26, 2003, 10:56:44 PM »
:D Howdy! I have a Millet Buck Silver scope on my muzzleloader and it is shooting to the right of the target.  Thus, I probably need to adjust the windage correction on the scope. However, I am confused over which way to make the correction with the knob. It is marked right and left and has one-fourth moa per click. I have usually had other people sight in my scoped rifles in the past and I never really learned how to make the corrections myself.  And the package insert that came with the scope does not elaborate on how to do the corrections.  Therefore, do you turn the windage knob right or left for correction when it is shooting to the right of the target?  Your information appreciated.
Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
which way
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 03:18:50 AM »
If you want the bullet to go left  move adjustment to the left. If you want the bullet to go right move it to the right.  In your case move the adjustment to the left. This should move point of impact to the left.

bobg

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 04:25:39 AM »
The adjustment dial should be marked with a L or R ( on the windage dial) with an arrow showing which way to turn for the corrresponding correction. The elevation dial usually has a U with an arrow.  Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 06:19:38 AM »
Also, 1/4" MOA clicks means for every click, you move the bullet 1/4" at 100 yards.  So to move it 1", you will click it 4 times.  If you are shooting at a closer distance, then you will need to move it more than 4 to get your 1".
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline GeneRector

• Contributor
Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 06:13:16 AM »
:D Howdy! I would like to take a moment and thank all of you for helping me with this scope problem. I have it sighted in and am ready for hogs and deer in November.  Thanks and I sincerely appreciate your help.
Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 06:40:15 AM »
Good luck and safe hunting.  :D
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein