Author Topic: First Buck  (Read 720 times)

Offline Big Tom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
First Buck
« on: September 27, 2003, 04:18:28 AM »
GB regular Longwinters and his son Josh got a nice 1 1/2 yr old 8 pt. whitetail buck shot this A.M. . Its Josh's first buck. He shot it on a special youth hunt Michigan has for 14-16 yr olds. He used a Rem 700 LSS Mtn rifle in 7mm/08 w. 120 gr Nosler ballistic tips. IT was a perfect lung shot although the bullet disintegrated before exiting, leaving no blood trail. Josh is switching over to Partitions for an upcoming Antelope hunt .

If someone can tell me how to insert a picture I would be glad to do so. :grin:
Tom Gursky
Northwoods Guide Service
"May all your trophies be worthy of The Book"

Offline Jeff Vicars

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
This was written by Double D
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 08:17:37 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding an image to your message is fairly easy. I am going to tell you one way. The way I know how to do it. There may be others, but this the way I understand it.

First you need your pictures in a digital Format. You can scan conventional photos or use a digital camera.

One thing we ask here on the Blackpowder Mortar and Cannon Forum is that you limit the width of your photo’s to 540 pixels/7.5 inches. You may have to set the size with your camera or scanner software or you may be able to do it with the software from your the photo hosting site. Photos wider than 540 pixels/7.5 cause the forum page to expand and it becomes necessary to scroll right and left to see the picture and read any posting with the picture. Annoying and distracting. I don’t know about you, but when I run onto postings like that I tend to ignore them.

Next you need to lodge the pictures some where on the Internet. It can be on your web page or on one of the numerous photo-hosting sites. (Find photo-hosting sites by querying them on www.GOOGLE.com ) Some of these hosting sites are free and some charge a fee.

Once you have the your photo lodged somewhere you will need the link or URL to where the photo is lodged. My photo-hosting site has a function to make a link. I just click on the MAKE A LINK button and it asks me some pertinent question about the link I want to make. Another way to find a link to a picture lodged on the Internet is to right click on the picture and open up the properties menu. Once you locate the link or URL copy it.

Now you are ready to post pictures. The software here on Graybeard makes this a very simple operation.

When you open the page to post a reply or start a new topic all the controls you need are right there to post your picture. At the top of the Message body window you will see a series of buttons that help post your picture. The button you want is the one marked Img.

A better way from Graybeard If you will just type in your photo URL and then highlight it. You can then click on the IMG button only once and it will do it all for you. To highlight the URL if you don't know how: Just put your cursor at one end of it, press and hold the left mouse button, sweep the cursor to the other end of the URL. Now release the mouse button and the selected area is high lighted. You can do this when adding both photos and URLs as links.

GB

A note from DD...it works so well that I cut my method and left Graybeard's

You can use cut and paste, and drag and drop features to move your pictures to put them where you want them in you messages. Just make sure you move the whole link. Dont be afraid to play with the features until you figure them out. You can always go back and edit your message.

If you have a problem, you can also call on your moderators to go in and look at your messages to figure out what went wrong.

I suggest you print these instructions out before you start.

Now, let’s see those cannons!!!

Last edited by Double D on Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:11 am, edited 7 times in total