Author Topic: Kahr Arms and the Unification Church  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Kahr Arms and the Unification Church
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:41:31 AM »
There are some interesting articles about the founder of Kahr Arms and his connection to the Unification Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

http://www.portfolio.com/careers/features/2007/09/17/Unification-Church

Offline rockbilly

Re: Kahr Arms and the Unification Church
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:44:52 AM »
You never know who, or what you ar funding when you make a purchase. ??? ???

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »
how about the connection to Churches Chicken .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:00 AM »
I don't know what church John Browning or Sam Colt belonged to and I can't think of any reason I should care.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:42:13 AM »
I make no judgement here.  This post is nothing more than trivial information that someone my find interesting or not.  By the way, John Browning was Morman.  I don't know about Sam Colt.

Offline RollTide

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »
The religious preference of the owner is a little different than the company itself being owned by the religious group.  Kahr Arms is owned by the Unification Church holding company as is Auto Ordinance.  Frankly, that is part of the reason I sold my Kahr's and won't own another. 

It is true you sometimes don't know what or who you are supporting with your dollars, but when you do know, that makes the decision a little clearer. 

To each his own.  I don't push my ideas onto others, but I also don't need anyone else's approval to use my own conscience in my purchaing decisions.

Just my $.02

Roll Tide

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 01:23:44 AM »
If we knew all the connections to products we buy we might buy very few .

Offline dowby77

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »
So If I owned my own company how much would it matter where your money went.Maybe I believe in Voodoo. As long as Im not sacrificing your chickens what does it matter?I am Pentecostal by the way ;)

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
Guess we have all heard "An enemy of my enemy is my friend".  I would have to say that anyone who supports guns and gun rights is my friend.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 05:09:34 AM »
i  wonder  if the  moon boy  can get  us   some primers
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline MAJORSDAD

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
I don't know much about the owner's beliefs, but I won't buy Kahr's guns because they are junk!

Offline gunblade

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
I have a Kahr K40 that has been 100% reliable and is my everyday carry piece.  I've heard that some of the polymer framed pistols have a spotty reputation for reliability, but I am very happy with my all steel model.  Can't comment on any of their other products.   

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 04:33:13 AM »
If we knew all the connections to products we buy we might buy very few .

+1
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »
Guess we have all heard "An enemy of my enemy is my friend".  I would have to say that anyone who supports guns and gun rights is my friend.  Larry

Al Qaeda, and the Taliban are big supporters of gun ownership, and their use. Are they your friend? Not caring is much along the same lines as "voting for the lessor of two evils". ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline john keyes

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
how about the connection to Churches Chicken .

that is a DANGEROUS organization
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline john keyes

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
I don't know much about the owner's beliefs, but I won't buy Kahr's guns because they are junk!

;D
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline BIGDAVE54

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
JohN Moses Browning was a Mormon. Mormons have been persecuted for years especially in the early days. I once saw a documentary on tv about the early Mormon church leaders like Brigham Young. They were mistreated every where they went. Young had a fella that stayed near him at all times who was his body guard.  I remember the tv doc saying the guy had shot dozens of people   and was pretty tough. They noticed one reason he always won in a gunfight was the quickness he drew his gun. He was carrying the first snubbed nosed pistol in the old west. I don't know if he bought it that way or sawed off the barrel of a regular pistol,but the historians said it was the first full sized snub nose.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »
Look at where some other guns come from whats the big deal ? You are aquiring hardeware not becoming a member of his church .

Offline Tonk

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
I have shot 4 Kahr pistols while trying to locate a pistol for my wife several months ago! They jammed on my wife when she shot them and I believe because she "limp-wristed" those pistols. Nonetheless, I will not purchase anything that is connected to the MOONIES period. I saw how they went about indoctrinating (brainwashing) young people over 25 years ago.

I don't trust those who are believers in the KORAN or any group that's soul purpose it to pray upon others and use them as tools to get rich. Rev. MOON does just that in my humble opinion. So I will NOT be purchasing a Kahr pistol anytime in the future. I have enough Colts, Smith & Wessons, Kimbers, Glocks and perhaps a Dan Wesson in the coming months.