Author Topic: Korean Lawn Darts.......  (Read 727 times)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Korean Lawn Darts.......
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:47:57 AM »
Remember playing lawn darts as a kid? And then the Nanny State stepped in an outlawed them......

something about then getting stuck in people's heads or some such nonsense....

Well it seems once upon a time Korea had the same game  but theirs would be called Extreme Lawn Darts!  ;D

First what not to do with a Gonne.......

[quick=475,325]http://www.koreanarchery.org/classic/clips/seungja.mpg[/quick]

Now here's where it gets interesting........

[quick=475,325]http://www.koreanarchery.org/classic/clips/bhwangja.mpg[/quick]

[quick=475,325]http://www.koreanarchery.org/classic/clips/heonja.mpg[/quick]

[quick=475,325]http://www.koreanarchery.org/classic/clips/heonja.mpg[/quick]

Now if you need to perforate some sheet metal in a hurry .........

[quick=475,325]http://www.koreanarchery.org/classic/clips/tongjeon.mpg[/quick]
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Marine Dad

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Korean Lawn Darts.......
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:07:36 AM »
Had a bit of a kick didn't it?!

Sure would like to have heard and understood what he said after it jumped out of his hands!
ROFLMAO!

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:43 AM »
Allen, I see still pictures with a little "play" ball at the bottom.  When I click on the go arrow, the ball moves across but the picture remains still.  WDID?

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 05:31:39 AM »
I had to click the start button twice to get it to play. I wonder if they make those darts in golfball size? ;D
I don't think I'd want to be firing off that multiple launcher and run out of tubes while being assaulted. You can only perforate so many targets and then they will perforate you. :'(
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 05:40:14 AM »
I had to click the start button twice to get it to play. I wonder if they make those darts in golfball size? ;D
I don't think I'd want to be firing off that multiple launcher and run out of tubes while being assaulted. You can only perforate so many targets and then they will perforate you. :'(

Yes but imagine 10 or 20 of these mixed into a line of infantry all firing....... this would cause some mayhem for sure!

I think at the time these were in use their infantry was armed with matchlock muskets, but still relied on swords spears etc. as secondary weapons.

Also after looking at the arraignment the box may be removable and replaced with pre loaded boxes this would increase the weapons effectiveness greatly

This thing reminds me of Cannonmn's 36 barrel cannon......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:57:22 AM »
Maybe if you have a raw link where these came from, that would work.  If I click the start button twice, the ball starts and stops, still no movies.

Offline KABAR2

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 07:02:49 AM »
I wish people making videos of black powder firings would put their cameras upwind of the gun so the smoke doesn't obscure the downrange area.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 07:33:51 AM »
The problem with lawn darts was that some never figured out that you were not supposed to play catch with them.  (or maybe it was big brother convinced little brother that he was supposed to try to catch them).

That organ gun (?) looks like it would be kind of hard to do a "cease fire" with. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:04:34 AM »
Thanks Allen, finally got it with the naked links.  With the other ones, I always got a warning, something about Mime types.  I never liked mimes anyway, I hate to say it but I actually felt better when Marcel Marceau passed away.  Who needs 'em!

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »
Well Allen, now you've dunnit!  Those Korean cannons looked a lot like line cannons to me, so now I've decided that I'll have to make up some 2.5-inch shaft finned darts and go out and play with 'em.  That's all I needed was another project on top of the 574 already on the list!

Hmmm, maybe PVC pipe with a plywood sabot to cover the rear end, something inside to stiffen them, plexiglass wings if they won't shear off on firing, something to weight the nose.....

I'll break out the books and have another look at WWI spigot mortar projectile designs, might get some ideas there...

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 03:21:43 PM »
There seems to be a "talkie" version of that video out entitled "Machineguns, Cannons, and Missiles."  I won't link it here because a portion of the "dialogue" may not please some.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
that muti barreled cannon was awsome ....  another poster said 1/2 dozen or so sprinked in amonst the ranks ... ;D ....

gettin in there heads is half the battle :'( ....that would've done it ......
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.