Author Topic: Would you shoot?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Re: Would you shoot?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »
My personal opinion is that I don't hunt for trophies so if he were to show up in my crosshairs I would pull the trigger.
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline bigbuckdown280

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 02:47:07 PM »
I would like to make a suggestion......Why not take a kid hunting with you, or an old man without many years left in the stand, and let them take this deer? I promise that either scenario would be far more rewarding than taking the deer yourself. Put a smile on an old man's face, or get a kid addicted for life. Thats the most rewarding part of hunting to me.  ;)
GOD, GUNS, AND GUTS

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »
I would like to make a suggestion......Why not take a kid hunting with you, or an old man without many years left in the stand, and let them take this deer? I promise that either scenario would be far more rewarding than taking the deer yourself. Put a smile on an old man's face, or get a kid addicted for life. Thats the most rewarding part of hunting to me.  ;)

i  was  just  diadnosed  with..............

best  idea   i  ever  heard
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »
  We have a doe that drops a little one behind the house every year. We always let the little ones walk(very small come season) Now if momma walks in the wrong place, then she is fair game.

Now if the little one grows up, then cute or not it is going in the freezer. I understand not wanting to shoot a deer that you have watched grow up. With times getting tougher, and hunters multiplying if you dont someone else will. Send him my way I will save you the grief ;)

Lonny

Offline thejeeper

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 05:59:25 AM »
Well, life is cruel and tough. people all around us die from traffic accidents to cancer to blood diseases. He's a nice basket rack and I am sure he won't mind if you take him cleanly. What good is your trophy when you are gone? Enjoy life and accept what the good Lord has offered. If I had him on my property, he would be in the freezer.
Barrack Obama - The most effective gun salesman in American History!!

A Liberal is just a Conservative that hasn't been mugged yet.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 06:09:15 AM »
Since this thread came up again, how about an update? Did you get him? Let him walk? Did you see him again?
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 06:36:10 AM »
Well, life is cruel and tough. people all around us die from traffic accidents to cancer to blood diseases. He's a nice basket rack and I am sure he won't mind if you take him cleanly. What good is your trophy when you are gone? Enjoy life and accept what the good Lord has offered. If I had him on my property, he would be in the freezer.
I am willing to bet I make it til next season, and if I don't at least someone else will have a quality buck to hunt.

Offline thejeeper

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
I am sure you will make it also, but you never KNOW. The comment was in response to a friend of mine who learned his 4 year old son has cancer. He has already had a kidney removed from his illness. His dad is an avid hunter and has passed on many deer. Well, now his attitude is a little different. He says if he can make a clean kill, he will no longer hold back. That is a nice buck regardless. I'd pop 'em.
Barrack Obama - The most effective gun salesman in American History!!

A Liberal is just a Conservative that hasn't been mugged yet.