Author Topic: is my optima junk??  (Read 1713 times)

Offline oldfart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
is my optima junk??
« on: August 08, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »
i bought two cva optima's last year, one i have shot the other is still unfired. i had a post on here about my hinge pin, cva has since assured me its normal and will not affect anything. i will say it locks up tight, and is the most accurate muzzleloader i have owned. however i was searching the internet earlier and found a sight by randy wakeman, he says the optima is unsafe junk and should not be fired. he went on to say they were dangerous, and not to trust them. what is this?, is this a joke? i haven't heard of any thing wrong with cva recently, just the recall about 12 years ago on the apollo. mine shoots great and several of my friends have one and they shoot good too. if anyone knows what this is about please let me know thanks.

Offline Doe

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: is my optima junk??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 01:15:28 AM »
No there not Junk  8) I have 2 CVA now and if i were going to buy a 3rd it would be another CVA.  Mine shoot 1-2" at 100 yards  ;).  I have the Kodiac and my Accura will take out the (Triumph & tc Omega) anyday ;).

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:32:05 AM »
RW appears to be on a mission, I pretty much ignore his rantings.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »
No your Optime is not junk.  But the write of those articles is.

Offline anweis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:46:14 AM »
 Randy made some hasty comments about CVAs and Tikkas. Ignore him.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:14:47 AM »
If CVA paid Randy for his opinion as savage does, CVA would instantly become the best thing around.  See Randy has to be paid for his opinion, he has none on his own.  So the credibility is not there. He pushed T/C until Savage offered him more for his valued opinion, then T/C was junk.  So if your gun locks up and is very accurate,  dont worry about the opinion of a paid wannabe. Enjoy your gun and good shooting. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline billynwtf

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:44:32 AM »
 The only junk is Randy.Shoot your CVA it will not let you down. I have been waiting for this to start again.

Offline OldAlaskan

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:54:06 PM »
No... they are fine. Shoot away!

RW is creating another magic trick: The illusion he knows something. He is just smoke.

What I do KNOW is that he has never produced any scientific data proving his point that the metal is soft, etc. No tests, ever. Just words. He has had the opportunity to go to a university or metals lab year after year, and yet he does not. Why? Just maybe because when he does that, he will have to eat his words. The engineering and the science does not support his rantings. Where are the metal hardness and/or the proof test firings, etc? He has failed to meet the minimum standards to engage in informed discussion.

It is so easy to say whatever one wants, proof or no proof; right or wrong. It's an entirely different beast to go thru the steps and show scientific or engineered proof. He has repeatedly failed to meet the standards of legitimate discussion. Therefore, go shoot 'em... they are fine!

Offline anweis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 04:59:41 AM »

What I do KNOW is that he has never produced any scientific data proving his point that the metal is soft, etc.

He would not have anything to produce. Those folks in Spain have been making high quality steel and firearms ever since steel and firearms have been invented, before Columbus stumbled onto the Bahamas. Just look at an object of wood, metal, or leather crafted  in Spain and you will understand that quality is part of their traditions and culture. They are proud people: they don't stamp Made in Spain on junk.
Search "Spanish shotguns" on Google Images, if you will. I whish i could have some of that "junk".
As far as junk, i long ago decided that it will not enter my gun cabinet. After carefull examination, a CVA Wulf resides there. It has a $300 scope on it.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »
Absolute junk! I wouldn't shoot them if I were you.
To be safe, you should just send them to me to get rid of them. ;D ;D ;D
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".