Author Topic: Adjustable sights for 92G Elite II?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Kinja

• Trade Count: (0)
Adjustable sights for 92G Elite II?
« on: September 29, 2003, 06:27:56 PM »
Hi all, it's my first time posting and I hope someone out there can help!  I just recently aquired my first handgun, the Beretta 92G Elite II 9mm.  It's a great pistol, but has one minor problem: it shoots about 2-3 inches low!  A couple of much more experienced people have fired my gun and confirmed the same (so it's not me anticipating recoil :wink:).  Unfortunately, the gun only has a dovetail sight w/ windage adjustment.  Does anyone know of a quality adjustable rear sight for this model?

Offline Will

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 05:37:35 PM »
I've had a 92FS for a few years and have never changed a thing on it. I'm sure some good adjustable sights are available for the guns, but you may want to try a heavier bullet first. If you're shooting 115 grain, give the 147's a try and it will likely solve your problem for much less money.
Even without grocery stores, I won't go hungry.

Offline Papa Bear

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 07:23:06 PM »
Hi Kinja,
I also own a Beretta Elite ll 9mm, and also had the same problem.
Impact area was low. I have solved the problem by carefully fileing the front sight down.  This pistol is also made for combat / IDPA style shooting, therefore the usual 6 o'clock hold on a bullseye is not used, which would cause a low shot.  The sights on this type of handgun are usually set for point of inpact.
 I have listed the brownell web site and some info on the PSI sights.
I hope this info. helps.   :grin:

http://www.brownells.com
Order On Line or Order By Phone 1-800-741-0015

Mfr: PSI
Compact, Adjustable - High-Visibility Sets

Standard profile, adjustable sights fit factory dovetails and require no alterations to slide.
Tapered body, flush adjustment screws. Front sights may require gunsmith installation.
SPECS: CNC machined steel, matte blued finish.

625-102-192
Target, fits Beretta 92, 96, 98     $68.50

625-102-292
White Outline, fits Beretta 92, 96, 98      $68.50

625-102-392
3-Dot, fits Beretta 92, 96, 98      $68.50

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Mfr: PSI
Compact, Adjustable - Low Mount Rears

Extra low profile, adjustable sight mounts down, out of the way and increases sight radius for enhanced sight picture. Rectangular body, raised adjustment screws. Requires no alteration to the slide, fits in the standard dovetail and uses the existing front sight.
SPECS: CNC machined steel, matte blued finish.

REAR SIGHTS
Compact, Adjustable - Low Mount Rears  PSI

625-100-192
Target, fits Beretta 92F, 92SB, 96, 98F        $58.40

625-100-292
White Outline, fits Beretta 92F, 92SB, 96, 98F      $58.40

Offline Kinja

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 01:23:16 PM »
Thanks to both of you for the great info!  I have let Beretta know about the issue w/ firing low, and they claim it should not be happening.  They want me to ship the gun to them for inspection, but I'm a bit hesitant to do so.  I'll try your suggestions and let you know the results.   :grin:

Offline rbwillnj

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 03:52:01 AM »
This reply comes a more than a year after the original question, but I thought I would put in my two bits for those who have the same issue in the future.   I have a 96 Elite II  (40 S&W) and when I first took it to the range, it too seemed to shoot 2" below the aiming point.  I sent it to Ernst Langdon of Langdon Tactical (langdontactical.com) to have the trigger worked, and also ordered a higher rear sight to compensated for the low aim point.   When I got the gun back, it shot like a dream, and was dead on.   I never needed to install the higher rear sight.   So,  in my opinion, it's the heavy trigger pull that tends to pull your shots lower.