Author Topic: Shikari 45-70  (Read 431 times)

Offline Weatherman68

• Trade Count: (3)
Shikari 45-70
« on: August 11, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
I am now the proud owner of a Shikari 45-70.  I found it on Gun Broker and while it's not perfect overall it's in good shape except for one thing.......the trigger is awful. :(  You need to eat a bowl of wheeties to get this to fire.  If there is something in the handi info on triggers I must have missed it so......if anyone has some words of wisdom on how to fix this it is appreciated.

Second issue is trapdoor loads.  I have some cast bullets with gas checks in 255, 315 & 350 grain that a friend cast from wheel weights.  Anyone have some idea on loads for this?  I have contacted Alliant since I have some Reloader 7 to see what they recommend but maybe someone already has a recepee.  Looking forward to hunting season this year, especially black bear.  ;D

Weatherman

Thanks 
Why is there never enough time to do it right but there is always enough time to do it again?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Shikari 45-70
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »
Congrats! There are two trigger job links in the FAQs and Help sticky, use control F to search the page for em.  ;)

Alliant's data is available on their website, they have 300 and 350gr jacketed data for RL7 that should work for your heavier bullets.

Tim

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain