Author Topic: (.357) 38 special bullets  (Read 445 times)

Offline ayoung65

• Trade Count: (1)
(.357) 38 special bullets
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »
I have noticed most of the places I oused to order from are out of stock and are back ordering this caliber bullet. I like the remington core-lokt bullet in 158 grain. The ones I see are remington 158 grain jsp.They do not say if they are core-lokt or not. Does anyone know if they are or where I may be able to buy some from?
Thanks,
Anthony

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: (.357) 38 special bullets
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »
order  a mould    180 grain  WFN   from  LBT

never  have  this problem  again
have  better  bullets
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:41 PM »
maybe you are like me and a bit slow to hear that there has been a buying panic on components. I woke up to this a bit late and yes 38/357 bullets are often hard to find. You might need to be willing to try cast bullets or less known brands for a while. Notice that prices have skyrocketed also. That was my first clue.

Now I have wishlists going at several suppliers and check now and then for availability. But this has been such a wet windy summer that I haven't done much shooting and my supplies have stayed pretty good. Hope the panic ends and prices get a little under control.  I think it is in some cases, seems like some stuff is a little more available now than a couple months ago - just more expensive.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:19 AM »
 ;) while I usually buy bulk bullets from Midway, this summer they were out of .357's. While nosing around a gunshop, I found  Speer 146 grain 357's cheap than Midway bulk ammo. :o bought 1000 bullets. Now found they are discontinued, but will make good ammo. Shot em for years. Sometimes small out of the way shops have real deals if we watch for them. I do think bullets are becoming more available. Most reloading supplies are on the shelves in my area, but as already said, more expensive than before. :( ;)

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »
I don't know if the Remmy bulk 158 JSPs are corelocs or not but I shoot a bunch of them and they are excellent bullets. Those and Hornady XTPs are about all the jacketed bullets I shoot outta my .357s anymore, Mostly cast for me. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired