Author Topic: BURRIS A+++ customer sevice 10 Day turn around  (Read 512 times)

Offline .375 Hawk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
BURRIS A+++ customer sevice 10 Day turn around
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »
On August 4th I sent a Burris signature series 1.75X-5X-32mm to customer service for repair.   The scope had a broken reticle and was my fault for not checking the mounting screws after about 25 rounds of .375 H&H.  Now all the screws have loctite. ::) :-[
The scope is back in my hands all fixed in 10 days. ;D  No Charge!!!
Now that is good old customer service in the USA!!!

Eddie

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
Re: BURRIS A+++ customer sevice 10 Day turn around
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:27:30 AM »
Thats good to know because I have a 2x7x32 B-Plex handgun scope on a 12ga, slug gun.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline chipmunk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
Glad to hear someone had a good experience with them!

I refuse to buy another after the experience I had with them.  I  somehow lost the little rubber piece on my fullfield 2 that keeps you from getting cut when you inevitably get hit by the scope.  I emailed them and was told he would "personally get it right out to me."  A month later I called to see why I hadn't gotten it and I was told that the piece was not covered under the warranty and I would have to pay $1 plus $5 shipping to get it.  Not a bad price but it sounded stupid since it has a full warranty so I declined.  Emailed them again and was told that there was a "training error." He apologized and said he would "personally get one right out."  A few weeks later I called again and asked for a manager. After a bit of run around I finally got a manager. He apologized and told me he would (third time I'd heard this exact wording) "personally get one right out."  This time I got it 3 days later.  If that had happened the first time I'd be happy but it took 4 contacts (with a good bit of "hold" time on the phone calls) to get a $1 piece of rubber that is a safety concern to not have.  I would think they would have gotten that to me quickly just to keep me from getting hurt.  I also asked every singe time I contacted them if the piece was supposed to be glued on or if it was just friction fit.  Never did get an answer out of em.  (Mine is now glued in!)

Ok I'm done with the rant now...Glad you got yours fixed!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »
I've had only one experience with them, bought a set of Sig Zee rings online, one of the rings I received was defective, I sent an email pic to Burris, less than a week later I had a complete new set of rings.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
I am glad you received good service.

I have dealt with Burris and they made it easy for me to decide I will never again buy a Burris product again.  I currently do not own any Burris products.

I only buy Leupold; they have the best warranty.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Don't expect it to be repeated any time soon. They don't seem to have a good track record on customer service. I have a new set of their rings with one that was stripped when I got it and can't tighten it to the base. I've not even bothered to contact them as last time I did it was a wasted effort.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
I only had one experience with them and I have no complaints.  There was something on one of the reticles (looked like dirt or a burr) and I needed it removed.  This is a 6x20x50 so when cranked up, the burr would cover up the bulls eye.  They repaired the scope, free of charge.  I am happy with them and would recommend them to others.