Author Topic: Who Has.............  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Who Has.............
« on: September 30, 2003, 11:48:10 AM »
Ok fellow hunters, Who Has Scored?  Come on give us the details, you don't have to have pictures(would be great if you did, but then again pictures can cause envy among your fellow hunters).  Fess up out there.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Who Has.............
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 01:58:05 PM »
I got my mule deer and should have some summer sausage in a few more days.  I am going back up the mountain tomorrow for elk but ain't in no hurry because I got drawn for TWO elk hunts. One tag is good for Oct 4 thru Dec 31 and the other is for Oct 15 thru Jan 31. That gives me plenty of time to hunt and if the snow flies late, no big deal. Hope all you guys have good luck.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline Lawdog

Who Has.............
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 10:08:34 AM »
Well, as usual my son has drawn first blood again this year.  Got home last night just after 9:00 p.m. and hanging in the skinning shed is a nice 3x3 mulie.  This weekend is mine as the bear season opens on Saturday.  Only been out a couple of times so far and haven't seen anything I wanted to tag.  Going to hit it hard Saturday morning.  Any others scored yet?  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline DesertRam

• Avid Poster
Who Has.............
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 03:17:20 AM »
I posted about the wife's antelope a couple weeks ago.  The two hunts I drew for (elk and javelina) are still down the road.  I'll have to wait until December, then February.  Of course, it's nearly cool enough to start calling coyotes, so at least I'll have something to keep me busy until the big game seasons roll around.

Offline wyote

Who Has.............
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 03:21:26 AM »
I got an antelope with my 45 ruger BH the last of aug. It wasn't too much of a hunt. I was on my way to a water hole the first moring. I spotted a nice 13 inch buck drinking in a seep. I glassed him and decided he was good enough. I made a stalk and got to where I could make a shot and drilled him with a 300 grain cast bullet.

I filled 2 antelope does tags in sept. One was taken with a savage striker in 260 and the other with a 7 stw rifle.
for every law thats passed alittle freedom dies

Offline Lawdog

Who Has.............
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 11:03:17 AM »
Finely after the season has bee open for a week I managed to get away for some serious hunting.  Yesterday I found a nice 3x3 that while only a medium size rack(23" spread) was big in the body.  Field dressed at 261 lbs. and will go nicely in the freezer.  My wife and cousin both scored yesterday.  Wife is leading for the bragging rights in the family with her 4x4(29" spread) although it only dressed out a little over 220 lbs..  Cousin killed a nice 4x4(24 1/2" spread) but very high rack and dressed out at 233 lbs..  Now I'm looking for something to give the wife a run for her money.  The testosterone in me won't let me lay down and let her win our little family bet.  Bear season started yesterday and I did see a few bears but all were either cubs or sows with cubs.  Lawdog

Offline Dezertyote

• Avid Poster
Who Has.............
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 01:09:32 PM »
Pictures, Pictures, We all like pictures :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
Blow a vintage Circe dinner bell and they will come...

Offline tominboise

• Contributor
Who Has.............
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 05:49:46 PM »
Well, Here's the antelope I killed yesterday.  It was a fantastic spot and stalk hunt with my cousin.  We spotted them at around a half mile, and made a big mile and half stalk to get the wind and terrain right.  It was blowing around 30-40 mph, seems like.  We crawled up over a little rim right over where the group was bedded down.  Range was around 250 yards, and I used my pre-64 .270 Win.

All in all, a fantastic day
Regards,

Tom