Author Topic: Wolff Spring Kits  (Read 799 times)

Offline ssmith_1187

• Trade Count: (0)
Wolff Spring Kits
« on: October 01, 2003, 08:03:52 AM »
I am looking for a Wolff Spring Kit for a Ruger Super Redhawk.

I did a search on Brownells and the only one I saw was for the Ruger SP-101.

Also, how well do they work???  We estimated (we ran out of weight at 4.5 pounds) the stock trigger pull to be somewhere between 5 and 6 pounds, which I realize might be on the low side.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 10:55:54 AM »
Wolff springs have their own website and you can order direct from them (www.gunsprings.com).  They have a lot more available than Brownells carry.  I have Wolff springs in all of my S&W's / Charters / and Colt SAAs.  It's the first thing I do when I get a new gun!  On the Rugers, I usually leave the mainspring alone but put in a lighter trigger spring.  Good luck!    44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline ssmith_1187

Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 12:27:08 PM »
44 Man,

What setup do you usually go with?????

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
wollf springs
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 01:17:27 PM »
I had my local dealer work on the trigger before I took del. on my rh. They used a brownell spring kit that I believe was a wollf product worked great for me, lightest double action I have ever had and never a misfire.
Jim

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 05:33:55 PM »
I know Brownells has them because I got mine there a few months ago, about $12 I think.  Might try looking again if the direct route does not work.  I agree with the other poster, leave the mainspring alone and just change the trigger spring and see if it gives you the desired results.

Offline Duffy

• A Real Regular
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 09:40:06 PM »
On the SRH I usually don't go below the 12# main spring (stock is 14#) and install the 10# trigger return spring. This will give you around a 3 Lb pull in fact just changing the trigger return will get it close to 3 pounds. A polish job and proper work is around 2.75 and silky smooth.

Offline ssmith_1187

Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 04:22:46 AM »
Duffy,

Have you had any problems with 3 pounds.......that seems light to me?????

Thanks,
Steve

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 05:34:09 PM »
Mine is about 3 1/2 lbs with absolutely no creep.  I do not have any trouble with it, once I got used to it that is.  If I let someone else shoot it I always have them dry fire it once.  After getting used to my Contenders and Rugers with the trigger work, other guns like my shotguns and rimfires seem like you have to stand on the trigger to shoot them.  A good trigger does spoil you.

Offline BCB

• A Real Regular
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 12:48:43 PM »
ssmith_1187,

I got the Wolff spring kits for my SRH as well as my Security-Six.  Both have worked extremely well.

In my SRH, I started with the lightest trigger and hammer springs.  I did have misfires using single action.  So I went to the 2nd from the lightest hammer spring and all has been very good.  I actually shoot double action from my shooting bench with a good sandbag rest and can hit my 5 1/2 x 11 inch steel pendulem at 100 yards most of the time.  The trigger pull is greatly improved from factory.  Well worth the investment and not all that difficult to install.  Good-luck...BCB

Offline Duffy

• A Real Regular
Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2003, 05:12:22 AM »
Steve,
Problems???
 Only problem is when someone else shoots it. You have to warn them because they are generally used to the Lawyer triggers. Like Bullseye said once you get use to it all the others feel like crap!  I do make it a policy to try not to go below 3 lbs on a hunting trigger although my Encore is at 2.75. You will have to decide what feels good and/or proper to you. As long as they wont push off and you do YOUR part in the safety area there won't be a problem. Your accuracy level will probably increase also. The reason I don't go below the #12 is that I had misfires in several gun's that I did with the lighter springs. Nothing more discouraging than having a nice buck in your sights and just hearing "CLICK". :(

Offline onthetractat1645

Wolff Spring Kits
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 12:10:16 PM »
Go to www.gunsprings.com Wolff is a great company to deal with & have a great product.  I used 'em in my gp100
Shoot safe & keep 'em tight!