Author Topic: Kahr PM9 Opinions  (Read 482 times)

Offline johnboyncsu

• Trade Count: (0)
Kahr PM9 Opinions
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »
Any experience or opinions on the Kahr PM9?  I'm intereseted in a small pocket gun and have not really been impressed with the Kel-tecs.

Offline williamlayton

Re: Kahr PM9 Opinions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
I have a friend who has carried one for awhile and he like his. Kahr make good weapons.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline MAJORSDAD

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:22:16 PM »
I owned one of the PM9's and could never get it to run right even with FMJ's. A friend bought a CW45 and had to send it back after less than 100 rounds because the trigger wouldn't reset. Kahr wouldn't pick up the shipping and it cost him almost $50 to return it Fed Ex next day. He sold it as soon as he got it back. Stay away from them and buy a Glock. Good luck!

Offline KAYR1

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »
No doubt that the Glock is a great carry gun (that's what I carry 9 out of ten times), but I believe that I read in several articles that KAHR has a recomended break-in period before they become as reliable. Don't quote me, but I believe the company recomended 200 rounds, and malfuncitons were rare, but too frequent for a carry gun.

After the 200 round break in, the guns funcitoned flawlessly. This may be the case with the above poster's reliablitly problems. Those that I have a handled have been very nice little guns indeed. For any semi-auto to fire 200 rounds before I carried it is not much to ask. I bet a lot of us would make any semi-auto that much and more before we carried a personal defense handgun.