Author Topic: Traditions Crockett salvage .32 cal.  (Read 738 times)

Offline brudford

• Trade Count: (0)
Traditions Crockett salvage .32 cal.
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:22:54 AM »

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/574295866MsyQJV

At the above site you can see what used to be a Traditions Crockett .32 cal 1:48 barrel twist .
I dropped the pistol about a year ago and cracked the stock in about four places . I cut down the front of the stock as well as the handle . The wood putty was difficult to use as a filler and get a nice smooth finish . I used a wooden wheel
for a toy car for the handle butt and filled in with wood putty . Red antique stain and about five coats of lacquer . Removed all the blueing and polished with a dremel and coated with a metal wax . The triggers on theses Spanish imports are horrible a little stone work and some fitting and it still has some creep at about 4 lbs. pull . Took it to the range today and it shoots dead center with no right or left windage adjustment needed . Shoots exactly 4 inches high at 50 Ft.
Used a .310 lead ball behind 18 gr. of 3f . Also included in the pics my homemade brass funnel made for two bucks . Bought a brass candle holder for .25 Cents at a flee market and brass tubing at a hobbly store and solder together .I wish there were some clubs here in Western PA that held muzzleloder pistol shoots .

Offline blhof

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Traditions Crockett salvage .32 cal.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
It turned out nice and sounds like a great shooter too, great work.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Traditions Crockett salvage .32 cal.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:56:49 AM »
Good salvage job, now don't drop it again. ;D
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.