Author Topic: Burris Fast Fire II  (Read 396 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Burris Fast Fire II
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Ok,  Nothing on the Mueller Red Dot so after doing some checking around I ended up ordering a Burris Fast Fire II.  Anyone have any first hand expirience with the Fast Fire?  In checking around I noticed that the multi reticle sights have a bad habit of moving the POI around when you switch reticles.  I really didn't want a tube sight so I ended up with the Burris.  Seems the reviews have been good and they appear to hold up to some heavy recoil.  Seems to be a compact alternative to the tube type red dots and a lower cost option to the others of its type.  Hope I made the right choice :-\

Wolfgang
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Offline Mt_Sourdough

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Burris Fast Fire II
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:59:54 PM »
I was going to put one on my 444 and then I found out that it is illegal to hunt game in Montana with any battery powered or any other electonics in optics.  So my 444 still runs the factory sights.  People should check with state hunting laws before putting these or any other electronical optics on their hunting rifle.  A word to te wise
Gotta git'me a bigger ice box

Offline Wolfgang

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Burris Fast Fire II
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:46:49 AM »
MT_Sourdough,

In Ohio the only restiction is anything like a laser sight or any optic that prejects a beam of light onto the game animal.  The laws are sometimes difficult to understand things like hunting coyotes, groundhogs and other vermin you can use what ever type of rifle you want but no rifles (except muzzleloading) on deer.  I can use my 16" contender pistol in 45-70 but not a 45-70 rifle.  Handguns can be used as long as the barrel is no less than 5" long and it is a straight wall/straight tapered cartridge of at least .357 caliber.  Can't use my pistol caliber Handi Rifles though.  Strange. ::)

Best,

Wolfgang
"We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."