Author Topic: 2 Days till tree rat season  (Read 819 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
2 Days till tree rat season
« on: August 30, 2009, 01:15:40 AM »
Sept 1 is the first day of squirrel season so how many of you have your guns ready ?

I have to do the last min zero check on the youngest ones 22lr handi because I have some diffrent lots of ammo for her to use , other than that we're set for tues after work as our father / daughter season opener .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: 2 Days till tree rat season
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »
Mine are all cased and ready to load into the truck in about two hours....  Got a couple "dear" rifles and 4 hands along with the 22 LR and 17MR2 for "fine" tuning.

Our season opens here on 9/1 as well.. I can hardly wait!!!  I've been getting a head start this year... I got better than a doz under my belt this summer out of the garden with the pellet rifle.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:20:50 AM »
For the first time in years I will be all about dedicating the fall season to squirrel hunting. I am so looking forward to it. No archery hunting for me this year, taking a year off from that. It will be so much fun wandering the hardwood forests with my brother and young nephew. We have fine tuned our 22 rifles and are very prepared. We will go to new places and also hunt the same woods we rifle hunt for deer. This will also provide some insight to the upcoming deer rifle season. Coyote and fox will also become bonus targets if they show up, not to mention other undesirable predators and vermin.  :)

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:58:43 AM »
Dove season Comes in as well!!   Don't you Just Love Fall!
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline gunrac

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 08:29:45 AM »
Dove season Comes in as well!!   Don't you Just Love Fall!

Yep, already told the dog were goin dove hunting right after we kill a couple gooser's.
NEVER APOLOGIZE....
AS IT SHOWS SIGNS OF WEAKNESS

"You just can't fix stupid" John Wayne

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 10:07:03 AM »
Sept 1 is the first day of squirrel season so how many of you have your guns ready?

Bought a new 22lr with mostly tree rats in mind. She's all sighted-in and ready to engage in an all out war with those furry tailed little rascals. However, I'm not about to eat those damn rodents. ;) My quest is one of pest control. :D I do have some rodent eating friends and family that will take them though. ;D

Good Luck To Everyone!!
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
My squirrel sniper handi's are ready!!!

The 22lr shoots CCI SGB's into 1" @ 50 yards. The 17MRII shoots then into a dime @ 50 and the 17HMR will almost do a nickle @ 50 and an inch @ 100.

Can hardly wait!!!

I second Skunk's statement, Good luck to everyone,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.