Author Topic: 28 ga out an runnin last night  (Read 792 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
28 ga out an runnin last night
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:43:27 AM »
just  took out the pardner 28 last night  hadnt shot it all summer , went out and pulled some clay target off my thrower ,  shot up a box of #9's , these lil 28ga  are a blast,  anyone else have one  stucked away????  the mod barrels seem to hold a great pattern  for the 28's distance, 

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
Re: 28 ga out an runnin last night
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »
sounds like yer having tooooooooooo much fun

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:35:33 AM »
   I have one that i have never fired. My shooting pardner has some serious health problems and doesn't shoot anymore. Not much fun to shoot alone. Looks like i will have to get it out and try it. Have you ever hunted squirrels with yours?
      bobg

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »
sounds like yer having tooooooooooo much fun

well it is fun, lot more there then a 410 and still under the recoil of a 20ga ,
they are a pain  to a point in reloading them , and buyin factory hurts the wallet, the last i seen was 12.99 at dicks ,  those were remington sts 

they  make a nice squirrel  shotgun if you do that ,  try a 6shot if you can find them , i always use a 22 or 22mag for  squirrel, guess it was how i was raised , grandma and mom both  complained when yu use a shotgun on something they ate hahahah so i was raised to make head shots on them with a 22cal

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »
I have one and love it. I picked up the 28 ga barrel used at a gunshop for 20 bucks. If you want to shoot more go to ablesammo.com  they have Rio brand 28ga shells for 8.99 a box of 25 in shot sizes from #9 TO#6.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »
 I have a couple 28's but none are handis. Its a great, works far beyond its diminutive size. This is one barrel I would very much like to add to my "collection"  ::) :o ;D ;D

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »
 ;) My 28 is not a handi, but it is handi for shooting grouse, dove, sage grouse, etc. I really like it. It is one of my favorite smooth bores.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
I have one and love it. I picked up the 28 ga barrel used at a gunshop for 20 bucks. If you want to shoot more go to ablesammo.com  they have Rio brand 28ga shells for 8.99 a box of 25 in shot sizes from #9 TO#6.

THAT WOULDNT BE BAD BUT SHIPPING  WOULD  ADD A FEW TO THAT ?

Offline maglvr44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
just  took out the pardner 28 last night  hadnt shot it all summer , went out and pulled some clay target off my thrower ,  shot up a box of #9's , these lil 28ga  are a blast,  anyone else have one  stucked away????  the mod barrels seem to hold a great pattern  for the 28's distance, 
Bought one this summer, had absolutely no use for it(and still don't really) but it came with 6 boxes of Federal, high brass #6's and the asking price was $100, so it now stands with it's H&R & NEF brothers and sisters that I rarely use.
I have 2 or 3 that are like old friends and get grabbed all the time over the others. One of these days there's going to be a BIG lot of H&R/NEF for sale!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »
Quote from: maglvr44 link=topic=181724.msg 1098884579#msg 1098884579 date=1251946170
Quote from: shaner link=topic=181724.msg 1098883205#msg 1098883205 date=1251805407
just  took out the pardner 28 last night  hadn't shot it all summer , went out and pulled some clay target off my thrower, shot up a box of #9's , these lil 28ga are a blast, anyone else have one stuck away????  The mod barrels seem to hold a great pattern for the 28's distance, 
Bought one this summer, had absolutely no use for it(and still don't really) but it came with 6 boxes of Federal, high brass #6's and the asking price was $100, so it now stands with it's H&R & NEF brothers and sisters that I rarely use.
I have 2 or 3 that are like old friends and get grabbed all the time over the others. One of these days there's going to be a BIG lot of H&R/NEF for sale!

When that day comes and this one goes up for sale.. drop me a line!! Personally, I don't need the shells, got plenty myself!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:38:48 AM »

if you dont like them  let me know ill give them a nice home ,