Author Topic: PMC primers  (Read 906 times)

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
PMC primers
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »
Does anybody have any experience with these?
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: PMC primers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »
I picked up 500 awhile ago and just never got around to shooting any , they did come highly reccomended by a couple of my reloading buddies though .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Blackhawk44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »
PMC ammo and components have been of fine quality for many years. 

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:56:16 PM »
Glad to hear it, I just loaded about 500 rounds with them.  If they work out well I'll definately get some more.
Thanks for the input guys.

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »
I did not know PMC even made/packaged primers or any reloading componts till last week my local guy who has a 2mo waiting list for FC-Rem-Win got a bunch of PMC primers in along with bullets. I don't need one R or P componet I have enought to last me years but picked up a box (100)of 30cal 165gr bullets great price $14 just to try on steel targets.

If you need primers now IMO any primer will work might have to start over but as long as they go bang it's a start.
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »
Put me down as one who does NOT like PMC and generally I toss their brass as I've had too many bad experiences with it to continue to reload it. Their ammo is generally speaking OK stuff tho. I'm not sure I'd call it "fine" but it is OK and perfectly useable.

I've had no experience with their primers other than in their ammo. I do agree that in such times of non availability as we're experiencing now you pretty much have to go with what you can find. I'd not buy any more of their primers than it took to get me by tho based on my experience with their products.

So far every time I've tossed PMC brass in the tumble with my other brass it ruined all my brass. It developed some kinda black fungus crap on it that nothing would remove or at least nothing I've found yet. What it was I have no clue but it continues to spread and any brass put with it catches it. I tossed all the brass from those lots and the media and cleaned my tumbler. It happened again each time PMC brass got put in and never when it wasn't. Me I don't use PMC if it's avoidable and don't keep their brass regardless. Same exact thing happened to me with .44 mag, .223 and .30-30 that I can remember.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »
Man that's wierd about the black fungus.  Fortunately I have plenty of brass.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »
So did I until I mixed PMC with it in the tumbler long ago. I've not made that mistake recently.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!