Author Topic: Free West Point Ordnance Museum Catalog, 1898  (Read 380 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Free West Point Ordnance Museum Catalog, 1898
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:46:54 AM »
This contains an incredible list of trophy, U.S., and experimental cannons and projectiles.

http://books.google.com/books?id=V54UAAAAYAAJ&dq=ordnance%20museum%20military%20academy&pg=PP9#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free West Point Ordnance Museum Catalog, 1898
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Thanks for posting this link.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline rampa room artillery

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
Hey are most of these guns still there ?? I am very interested in the smaller guns the 2 in woodruf and such, is laboratory yard still there???

Thanks, I need to take measurements off of these smaller guns for projects, I am planning on building them. full scale.

rick bryan
  3rd va co B
    NSSA

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
Rick, many of the guns are still at USMA, although they have moved around.  The little ones such as Woodruff would be inside, probably in the Vault, as I don't recall seeing a Woodruff on display when I was there not long ago.  Call ahead and see what info you can get on the phone, have them get some measurements for you.  I suspect someone has already published measurements or a drawing, check with Antique Ordnance Pulblishers.  There's one at some restored fort in Ohio too, can't recall the name of it,but I was shown a photo and it was definitely a Woodruff. It was found on a creek bank in Ohio.  You can find all the known Woodruffs by location in he appendices of THE BIG GUNS by Olmstead et al.