Author Topic: Maximum Range Chart for Rifle Calibers  (Read 6601 times)

Offline GeneRector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Maximum Range Chart for Rifle Calibers
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:06:34 AM »
 :) Howdy!  A few years ago I ran across a website that had charts and graphs showing the maximum range of various cartidges.  This was information showing "how far" a bullet could go.  I remember being surprised at how far a .243 Winchester bullet could go.  Does anyone know where I could find this information on the various cartridges and bullet weights?  Your views appreciated as always.

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: Maximum Range Chart for Rifle Calibers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:59:13 AM »
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline GeneRector

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:50:13 AM »
 :) Howdy! Thanks for replying!  Looks like a good site with lots of useful information.  What I am particularly looking for is the maximum range without trying to hit a target.  That is, if you hold the rifle at a 30 or 45 degree angle, "just how far will it go?"  I know that some calibers will go way over 2 to 3 miles and I was looking for a chart that may show the "maximum range", etc.  Thanks!

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:18:22 AM »
 well you could always set you a target up at 2 ,,the graduate to 10 .. where ever you hit the target holding at 40 degees ,,gives you your answer..
   of course you know im just kidding.. :) about the only reason i could use this type info would be if i thought i might be shooting into populated area several miles away.. i can tell you a 06 rnd goes a lot further than a couple o miles.. the sniper sites might have more actual info on total range ballistics.. good luck slim...

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
If you have access to Sierra's Ballistic Software you can get that info on any bullet as long as you know the B.C and MV. They even give you the maximum vertical height.

BTW.  45 deg barrel elevation does not give you the most range.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.