Author Topic: Lucy's gun  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Terry C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I see what you did there...
Lucy's gun
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
Most of you know our Japanese Bobtail, Lucy (Lucretia MacEvil) by now. She always manages to get involved in my cannon projects somehow...

Over the weekend one of my coworkers, who buys and sells at flea markets on the side, came across something that he knew I would want. He grabbed it up for me, and brought it to work with him this morning. So for $10 and the price of breakfast (for his efforts) I aquired a Big Bang carbide cannon.

Lucy has claimed it as her own, after nuzzling it and batting it a few times (to test its integrity) she has given it her seal of approval.

So now she has a cannon of her own...

And she has every right to be proud, it's a very nice little carbide cannon with no damaged or missing parts. I plan to get some Bangsite to test fire it for her, but it appears functional. The flint is still in it and it puts out a strong spark.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
Re: Lucy's gun
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:27:04 PM »
Lucretia , indeed !  MacEvil ....... ,,,,,how bout you ? , you retired too ?

" L u c r e t i a  "  (the MAC of evil)      looking up though tunafish juiced eyes ....responds

" NOT ME ...I'm in my Prime ......."

goahead say whin ..... fights not with you Bobtail !

"oh yea , you remember bangsite .........remember .......?

lucretia (not retired) shoots a lethal ...'totsie roll' from carbide cannon .

ringo macduck goes down .........    way too high strung .......
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »
 I've been looking for one on ebay recently. Got a couple just like yours on my watch list.

I had one of the larger ones with a separate tube for the bbl when I was a kid. Fit a smoke bomb perfectly  :)
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Soot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »
They still make those cannons, and sell all the replacement parts.
http://www.bigbangcannons.com/home.aspx?n=172738
I have the same model from when I was about 8 years old. Bugs make great ammo, they splatter real good at close range.