Author Topic: 20 ga slug barrel  (Read 556 times)

Offline Duckhunter39480

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
20 ga slug barrel
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
I traded a 223 barrel for a 20 ga rifled slug barrel a few months back and finally go around to shooting it.  I have asked about accuracy of slug guns before and didn't really believe the reports I was hearing. I purchased Remington AccuTip and Winchester 260 gr slugs and the Federal 7/8 oz. Barnes slugs.  The Winchester slugs were nothing to write home about but the Remington slugs are real shooters in this barrel.  One sighter, adjusted the scope and the next four were inside the 2" square centered on the 1" aiming dot.  I am very pleased with the H & R 20 ga, it is a real shooter.

Thanks to Quickdtoo for his notes on fitting a barrel on the H&R's.  I would not have tried this without his notes.  I didn't have to change a thing but I would not have tried it without the guidance I got from this board.  Thanks Quick.

Thanks Dinny for a great trade.  I hope you are as pleased with your barrel as I am with the 20 ga. ;D ;D
You should have said something; I didn't know I had struck a nerve.

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: 20 ga slug barrel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
Thanks Dinny for a great trade.  I hope you are as pleased with your barrel as I am with the 20 ga. ;D ;D

Duckhunter,
  I am sure that if it fits, I will be happy with it. :)  If it doesn't, I'll keep trading until I find one that does. ;) ;D

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine