Author Topic: ARS CONVERSIONS FOR RUGER MINI-14  (Read 997 times)

Offline USARO4

• Trade Count: (0)
ARS CONVERSIONS FOR RUGER MINI-14
« on: October 08, 2003, 02:29:16 AM »
ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ACCURACY RIFLE SYSTEMS OF ODESSA TX? I HAVE A MINI-14, LIKE 99% OF THEM DO, THAT NEEDS SOME ACCURACY WORK. SAW A TOPIC ON ANOTHER SITE FROM A GUY THAT HAD MUCHO PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

Offline PaulS

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 08:42:43 PM »
USARO4,

Although I have not had any dealings with them I have taken some time to do a bit of research. I have not heard from the BBB in Odessa but I can say that I have run into a large number of posts that say that this company which started in 1983 has made the innovations and done the work to get the best out of the weapons that they work on. I have not seen anything that might bring doubt upon them or their work. They have a guarantee of accuracy and a lot of happy customers.

I would recommend that you contact the Atty General office and see if you have any better luck with the Better Business Bureau than I have.

PaulS
PaulS

Hodgdon, Lyman, Speer, Sierra, Hornady = reliable resources
so and so's pages on the internet = not reliable resources
Alway check loads you find on the internet against manuals.
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads.

Offline Doghunter

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 07:27:48 PM »
I  bought a trigger and a muzzel brake from them. I had local gunsmith instal tunable brake on my mini. It improved acuratecy some down to a honest 2 to 2 and half group 100yrds.

Offline wild willie

Re: ARS CONVERSIONS FOR RUGER MINI-14
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 10:42:14 AM »
Quote from: USARO4
ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ACCURACY RIFLE SYSTEMS OF ODESSA TX? I HAVE A MINI-14, LIKE 99% OF THEM DO, THAT NEEDS SOME ACCURACY WORK. SAW A TOPIC ON ANOTHER SITE FROM A GUY THAT HAD MUCHO PROBLEMS WITH THEM.
:cry: I have a mini done by ARS ,not very happy with it. Had the ss.lothr walther barrel in 1-12, ars heavy gas block, ars trigger and ars bedding . Tried every factory round I could find gun would not shoot ,sent gun back to Tim at ARS . I don't have time to explain his reason for the poor accuracy, it was a minor problem according to him.While the rifle was getting repaired bought set of forrester dies, neck turning tool ,hoping to have a real shooter upon return of rifle. I had 10 different loads ready when the rifle was returned. I have tried  5 popular powders and different bullets , the best group I have had was a 11/2" group and that was not repeatable. Tim sent me a group he fired that was less than 1" that is his guarantee. I have not been able to get close to that . I have a leuopold 6.5X20 Target Dot on it to work up loads , I thought is might be the scope so I put my Burris Sig. 4X16 on it still no good . I am thinking of sending the rifle to accuracy systems in Co. found them a little to late, have heard good things about them.