Author Topic: 20 Gauge Pardner W/Screw In Choke  (Read 530 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
20 Gauge Pardner W/Screw In Choke
« on: October 03, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
Anyone else have trouble with aftermarket chokes fitting in the 20 gauge? Mine seems to be hit or miss. I've bought some that thread right in and some that won't thread in at all. I bought 2 Invector chokes a while back on the classifieds that don't fit. 2 Mossberg 500 turkey chokes - a Primos that went right in and an Undertaker that didn't fit. I bought a MOD choke for a T/C encore today that went right in.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Walley

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 20 Gauge Pardner W/Screw In Choke
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
I have heard of this same problem with chokes quite often with a verity of makes and models.  I am not in love with screw in chokes but with the three guns I have that take them I stick with those made by the people who made the guns. I am thinking of getting a gun like yours for my 12-year-old great granddaughter who thinks that she is destined to be the next Anne Oakley.  When I do buy the gun I will also buy H&R full and I/C chokes along with it.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:03:14 AM »
Anything that is the same as the win-choke pattern should work.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline oldfart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
i have a 12 gauge, and have had no trouble with chokes. i have a undertaker choke for turkey, and mod. and ic choke for rabbits. they all fit good, but mine is a 12.