Author Topic: NEF Huntsman Question???  (Read 1335 times)

Offline carbinecasey

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Huntsman Question???
« on: October 05, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »
Greetings Everyone

I'm sorta new to this site and thus far it has been very helpful with all the information I have seen, (I have a lot of time on my hands since I'm unemployed). But a while back I aquired a nice little NEF Huntsman 50 cal, and was looking for good loading information, primer carriers, and a good scope idea. Any help would be appreciated, especially on the primer carriers I'm having trouble locating them.

Carbinecasey

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: NEF Huntsman Question???
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »
regarding primer carriers, most guys have used one of the breech conversions by MU or the 25acp job.

Are you saying you don't have any primer carriers?

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 02:28:08 PM »
I would look through the stickys at the top and get some info on different breech plug alternatives that eliminate the primer carriers
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Keith Lewis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 02:43:27 PM »
To mount a scope be sure to order the base from NEF/H&R as there are some other brands out there that claim to fit the Huntsman but they lack all the cuts for the rings to get the scope mounted fore and aft correctly. The one from NEF works great and also comes with the hammer extension. I mounted a Burris scope but any rifle scope or shotgun scope that you like will work just fine. As far as loads the Huntsman is quite flexible and will shoot almost anything you can get down the barrel. It handles sabot loads as well as full bore conicals. You have a great rifle. I do recommend the MU Breechplug. I have it and the .25ACP plug as well as the production one with the plastic carriers. The MU plug is the best. I bought two for my Huntsman just to have a spare.

Offline carbinecasey

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
Got the scope base, scope is on its way, bullets and powder. A few carriers to make it through the season and the final question, Where do I get this MU plug? I have read a  lot of good things about it, and maybe with all the excitement I missed the name of who makes them or I didn't research far enough.

Carbinecasey

Offline Keith Lewis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
Check the sticky at the top of this forum for the Metrics Unlimited contact information.