Author Topic: your real right to Self Defense and Concealed Carry Handguns  (Read 628 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
your real right to Self Defense and Concealed Carry Handguns
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
Luke 22:36 KJV Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

That is from the bible and it is god who saids you have a right to Self Defense.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: your real right to Self Defense and Concealed Carry Handguns
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »
The following quotes are from the New International Version of the Holy Bible., Compare to the King James Version if you like, but remember the translation may be interpreted as shown in the NIV.

In Matthew 5:39 NIV, Jesus said "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. "

Note:  The King James Version of Matthew 5:39 says: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.  According to proper Hebrew translation, smiting on the cheek is equivalent to an insult, rather than a physical strike.  So the verse is intended to say, do not physically assault someone who is merely verbally insulting you.

Luke 11:21 NIV, Jesus said "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe."

Luke 22:36 NIV, Jesus says " He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Exodus 22:2 NIV says "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;..."

Ecclesiastes 4:12 NIV says "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Zechariah 9:8 NIV says "But I will defend my house against marauding forces.  Never again will an oppressor overrun my people, for now I am keeping watch."