Author Topic: Guess on model 70 300 wsm value  (Read 528 times)

Offline Gdbyrd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Guess on model 70 300 wsm value
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:13:12 AM »
I bought this gun over two years ago and I have shot it all of 10 times. I really want to sell it so I can buy a bolt gun in 223 for play. Its a shadow model I think. Its all black, very light, and the barrel has like a sport contour on it. Its in excellent condition.

Just curious, taking it to a somewhat local shop later this week to see what kind of trade they will offer. I'd its bad I may try to sell it in the newspaper or at a gun show. I just don't know where to start.

I paid 590 for it, but it had a shepherd scope on it which I'm keeping.

Thanks guys.

Offline skyhigh_seller

• Trade Count: (57)
  • Contributor
Re: Guess on model 70 300 wsm value
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:25:56 AM »
Probably ~$400 on this site's classifieds.
Trade-in would be less.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:52 AM »
I bought one slightly used a few years ago in a factory camo stock, and paid a little less than $400.  I took mine to a smith twice because someone had replaced the firing pin with a Titanium model, and my safety was hard to move.  Finally put a Jewell trigger in it.  Got more in the smith's fees and new Jewell trigger than I do in the rifle.  Then I put a Leupold 4.5X14 on it.  Works great now - just not a caliber I really need.  I hunt whitetails and very occasionally go elk hunting.

If I ever have to climb a mountain again it will be with my Mod 7 in 308.  The horse will appreciate it as well.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:34:47 AM »
I think those guns sold at Walmart new for just over $400.00 on sale a while back.  I'd be surprised if you could get more than 350.00. 

Offline Gdbyrd

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 04:31:29 AM »
Well, local gun store offered me 375 for trade in value.  They said estimated retail(what they would sell it for) was closer to 550.  Guess it depends on your area?  Gunbroker has the exact same gun for anywhere from 400-700.  Guess I'm going to give the paper a try and if there aren't any bids I'll trade it in.  Only problem is that damn gunstore doesn't have anything I really wanted : /  I guess I could pay a little more than I wanted to spend and get another AR...