Author Topic: I know where it should be but I need recipies for antelope.  (Read 563 times)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
I know where it should be but I need recipies for antelope.
« on: October 11, 2003, 08:56:42 AM »
Hey guys, I posted on the recipie site but need some antelope recipies.  I figured most of you may not frequent the recipie site but might throw a favorite my way if you saw it here.  My sons and I came back from Wyoming with 3 bucks and I got a lot of lope meat.  Thanks

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline TopGun

• Avid Poster
Recipe??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 09:57:36 AM »
Marinate (covered) the roast (2-3lb) or steaks in 1 cup olive oil, 1 cup of dry wine,  4-5 cloves crushed-fine garlic, green onion,  3 tbsp soy, 1 big dash of red peper, black pepper, and salt, and either sage or Allspice. You may not need the sage depending on where you shot it.  turn every 4,8, 12 hrs up to 48 hrs.  in the fridge. Put in baking dish or pan and bake at 400 for 1 hr, or grill the steaks but don't over cook. This actually works well in a smoker too.  Save the pan, cuz if you don't like the meat you can alwys eat the pan!!!
The first shot is the best shot, it may be your only shot!  Do it with a single-shot.
NRA Life Member 1980
HHI Member #2933
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member

Offline Questor

I know where it should be but I need recipi
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 05:11:53 AM »
If it had good field care, just prepare it as if it were beef, except baste with a little fat while cooking.
Safety first

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
I know where it should be but I need recipi
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 10:16:30 AM »
:D Antelope chops cooked on the grill are real good. I would make sausage out of the trimming since I think whitetail tastes better ground.