Author Topic: CX4 Storm  (Read 3482 times)

Offline kenfred

• Trade Count: (12)
CX4 Storm
« on: October 11, 2003, 03:19:21 PM »
Anybody seen, handled, or fired one yet?
Gettin' old ain't for sissies!

Offline lcdhs

• Trade Count: (0)
CX4 Storm
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 07:38:48 PM »
Yup, my local dealer called today for pickup. The Cx4 is a real handy, compact weapon. Haven't fired it yet; too many other projects on the fire right now. I'm going to have to obtain the picatinney top rail to attach my Comp M.  The curious thing is that on top of the Cx4 where the rail is to be attached, near the front sight, is a hard point for using a screw to  fasten the rail to the weapon, however, there is no such hard point near the rear sight.  I don't know how the rear of the rail is to be fastened to the weapon. I guess I'll find out when I get the rail.

Offline kenfred

CX4 Storm
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 09:08:15 PM »
Go to www.berettaweb.com/Beretta%20CX4_Storm/CX4_storm1.htm for some info and an exploded view.  Should be room for three attachment screws.

BTW, did you pre-book, or did your dealer?  We usually have to wait a couple /six months b/4 anything new makes it's way to this part of the country.

Offline lcdhs

Cx4
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 04:37:16 AM »
Last month, I asked the dealer to let me know when one came in.  He said he had ordered one February 2003, but he didn't expect anything until sometime 2004.  This shipment seemed to be as much as a suprise for him as it was for me.

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 04:52:41 AM »
Thanks for the website. The top view & the exploded view looks like three screws on the rail. One larger at the front, two smaller at the rear. The thing that is curious, my weapon has only one hole at the top front to screw into. I'll call Beretta tomorrow.

Offline kenfred

CX4 Storm
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 06:16:37 AM »
Please keep me posted.  I'm seriously considering getting one when available.  Only thing is, I haven't decided what caliber to get.  Is yours a 9?

Later.

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 02:59:17 PM »
Yes, it is 9mm. I have a Beretta 92 with a number of preban 15rd Beretta mags, so the 9mm CX4 is fine for me.

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2003, 05:24:38 PM »
I am still waiting final word from Beretta, but I was told I'll probably have to send my Cx4 in to have the extra holes on top,drilled & tapped so the top rail can be attached. I was also told that accessories are not available and don't even have parts numbers yet.Sorta bummed out on all this.

Offline kenfred

CX4
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 01:50:09 AM »
So why don't they just send out a new "top" assembly?  Should be no real hassle, as I am sure the reciever is the only part with a serial number that would require the FFL stuff.  I would suggest another call from a "disappointed consumer".

Kinda makes one wonder about their quality controll................

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 04:25:05 PM »
The metal hard point where the left side rail is attached on the 'top' assembly, also has the serial number. I sent the Cx4 to Beretta via FedEx Overnight this afternoon, so they should get it tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to know the turn-a-round time on this. Beretta e-mailed the info to some guy of their's named Gabriel, who is presently in Italy. I was told Gabriel is the expert on the Cx4.

Offline kenfred

CX4
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 04:47:31 PM »
Any word from Beretta yet?

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 06:16:42 PM »
Beretta received it a week ago this last Friday, and it got to there repair section last Monday. I received in the mail, written confirmation of their receipt of the firearm last Wednesday.  They said it would take 2 - 3 weeks to get to it. When I go into BerettaUSA.com, click onto Repair Status, and enter the serial number, it lets me know where the CX4 is in the repair stream.

Offline kenfred

CX4
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 04:52:42 AM »
Do you suppose all of the "first run" pieces are like yours?  By that I mean that if they don't have the accessories out & about yet, maybe they made a run that cannot easily be accessorized with the rails, etc.

Still haven't seen one in this neck of the woods yet, but am keeping my eye out.

Later..............

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 05:54:40 PM »
I guess anything is possible on a first run, but I would think that a first run would be set up the same way the weapons were configured in the examples provided for review in Jul. 2003 American Rileman, Jul. '03 Shooting Illustrated, Sept '03 Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement, and Oct. '03 Guns & Ammo. All these weapons have top rails attached. I doubt my CX4 was made prior to these reviewed firearms & slipped through.

Offline kenfred

CX4
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 01:28:40 PM »
You are probably right about that.

Maybe yours slipped thru quality controll.

At least I'll know what to keep my eyes out for when I finally lay my hands on one.

Later......................

Offline kenfred

CX4 Storm
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2003, 02:15:19 PM »
Saw on another forum where a guy had purchased a CX4, only to find out he had the same deal as you had, (only one threaded hole to mount the scope rail).

Beretta also instructed him to send it in and they would tap & drill the other two holes.

Went to a gun show today, but no Beretta dealers present, so the search continues.  Huge gun show coming up in Fargo next month, so maybe better luck there.

Later.

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2003, 07:07:56 PM »
The local dealer where I bought my CX4 had another one delivered on Saturday.  I pointed out the single threaded hole; he was not very happy with Beretta. This particular firearm serial number was in the 400's.

Offline kenfred

CX4 Storm
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2003, 01:57:13 PM »
Did Beretta ever offer you an explination?

As you say, kinda dumb to have these reviews with all the goodies, and then ship guns that one cannot accessorize.

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2003, 04:33:10 PM »
No explanation provided. Some time ago I purchased new Beretta Tomcat when they first came out.  It came with one magazine & it took over 6 months before I could buy a spare.

Offline kenfred

CX4 storm
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2003, 04:50:27 PM »
Is that any way to run a railroad?

Offline tanuki

CX4 Storm
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 01:49:16 PM »
:shock:
Well. Picked up my CX4 today. Serial number in the very low 400's and guess what? It's a one holer  :oops: ! Mine is missing the two rear screw holes as well. Sheesh! My dealer is a Beretta Master Dealer and he is really ticked off about this. He offered to pick up the shipping charge going back to Beretta but I told him I would give Beretta hell and see if I can force them to pay shipping bothways. No sense him taking it in the shorts cuz of their crew up (he's a REALLY nice guy and gets 100% of my business). They'll probably tell me to buzz off but at least I can try. Other than that, it seems pretty nice. :D

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2003, 04:52:04 PM »
Be prepared to wait. Beretta has had my CX4 three weeks as of today.

Offline tanuki

CX4 Storm
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2003, 09:50:30 PM »
Yup, found that out when I called them today! They told me 12 weeks! Got into a little bit of a argument with them about the shipping and the turn around time. After demanding to talk to a supervisor, I was told they would pay shipping and would "red folder" the gun and have it back in 2 to 3 weeks. I got this gut feeling that not matter what color folder, they'll take their sweet time. They have an authorized smith in California, Bolsa Gunsmithing is the name (I think). Spoke with them today and they are back up due to deer season in Kali but told me to send the gun towards the end of this month and they'll do the job under the warranty and have it back within a week. Think I'm gonna go that route (really nice people there).  :)

Offline lcdhs

CX4 Storm
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 01:27:51 PM »
kenfred - See my reply on the post "New Info on CX4 Storm", and beware if you purchase a Storm.

Offline kenfred

CX4 storm
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 02:20:45 PM »
Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I just lost my appetite for a Storm.  Sounds like it is iron sights or nothing for this outfit.

Too bad you guys had to take it in the shorts on this deal.  Saw on an online auction where a guy paid $700 for one.  Is he in for a surprize!

Thanks again for the heads-up.

later

Offline tanuki

CX4 Storm
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2003, 10:10:18 PM »
Tomorrow my war with Beretta over this will begin. If I don't get any satisfaction and truthful answers, I'll be on the horn with Italy. If I still get a run around, I have my lawyer all ready to go on this. Were gonna hit them with everything from misrepresentation to false advertising just to start. Suggest we get the word out so we can have some strength in numbers. I'm gonna do a search for the Storm and see if I can find forums that have people with the same problem. Will keep everyone posted.  :?

Offline proshooter175

CX4 Storm
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2003, 07:46:59 PM »
:x ....GUYS...BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF ORDERING THE CX4 STORM FOR ME ON THE DEALER THAT I WORK, I RECIEVED MY RIFLE WITH A SERIAL NUMBER ON THE LOWER 800'S AND GOT ONLY ONE HOLE FOR THE TOP RAIL. I'M STILL MAD WITH BERETTA USA FOR THE EXCUSES, THE SOLUTION FOR THE  MISSING HOLES AND THE TIME FRAME FOR THE ACCESORIES. THEY INFORMED ME TODAY THAT THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE BY MID DECEMBER AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OR THEY CANNOT GIVE ME  THE INFORMATION OF EXACTLY WHEN IN DEC. OR HOW MUCH THEY WILL COST. I WORK ON ONE OF THE BIGGEST GUN SHOPS/ RANGE IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND THEY STILL WON'T GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER. I READ SOME PLACE THAT SOMEONE GOT INFO. THAT THE ACCESORIES ARE IN CUSTOMS WAITING FOR THEIR INSPECTION AND  APPROVAL  :? .. I GOT, AS SOON I PUT THE ORDER FOR THE STORM, A TRIJICON REFLEX SIGHT, SUREFIRE Millennium Vertical Foregrip WeaponLight INCLUDING FLASHLIGHT AND LED LIGHTS, GG&G FRONT SLING THING AND BLACKHAWK INDUSTRIES TACTICAL SLING AND LIKE 15/ HI-CAPACITY MAGS. :-D , BUT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE ACCESORIES, I'M MAD WITH BERETTA BUT I'M GIVING THEM THE CHANCE OF FIXING THE PROBLEMS...IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET ONE BECAUSE OF THIS YOU WILL BE SORRY :cry: LATER. I GOT THE 9MM AND LET ME TELL YOU I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED.
 GUYS, GIVE THEM THE CHANCE LIKE ME AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT....
 LATER IF I GOT MORE INFO. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW.........
IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS....

Offline Redwood

CX4 Storm
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2003, 02:32:19 PM »
I agree, give em a chance... it's not like anyone's life is on the line.  It annoys me, I sell them & can't get the accessories I want, but I just need to keep it in perspective...  Maybe they were just rushing to get them on the market??? I am impressed with mine (ser # in the 200's!!!) Definatly  a keeper.  I'm sure in a year or 2 all will be forgotten and BUSA will have done the right thing.

Offline D-rock

CX4 Storm
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2003, 02:47:21 PM »
I pick my storm up on Dec. 15. I know the serial # is in the low 1,000s. I've been looking forward to getting my hands on it since June. Hopefully there won't be any surprises. :grin: