Author Topic: BoomLovers' mailbox  (Read 892 times)

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
BoomLovers' mailbox
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »
Jim, Please insert one pound of black powder and light long fuse........Your Mailer Daemon needs to go

Michael

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: BoomLovers' mailbox
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 05:35:12 AM »
Ah, Yes; the perils of WebTV. It's just a matter of waiting until the mailbox is empty and resending your cannon question.
Use a very long fuse.   ;D
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:59 AM »
I think I have him convince to move into the computer age...he's not sure it's safe to put down the remote and pick up a mouse!!!   ;D

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »
I am convinced! By the end of this month, I hope to have an HP hooked up, and can send and receive mail, pics, vids, ect! I have seen the light! Thanks to u all for your patience, and another WebTv bites the dust! But....I'll save it for a back-up, just in case the computer age doesn't agree with me!( Just kidding!) BoomLover Jim
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »
Happy days are here again. It'll be nice to only send things once.
You won't regret it.  Kinda like getting a new cannon, ain't it?

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:24:38 AM »
Cannon, Computer...hummm, they both start with "C", and I do get a "bang" out of both of them... looking forward to the experience! Dragging me willingly into the "computer age", I've only had WebTv since 1999, ten long years...hard to give up something that you have grown so accustomed to...I'll save the box and the remote wireless infrared keyboard, but use this old tv for a target! (or, would that be too environmentally insensitive?)
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
Got the computer, getting set up by an "expert" on the 7th of Nov. U guys are old hands at this thing, but to me getting this thing is kind of like waiting for a long fuze to burn down. I'm just hoping the anticipation isn't greater than the realization! BoomLover

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
Cannon, Computer...hummm, they both start with "C", and I do get a "bang" out of both of them... looking forward to the experience! Dragging me willingly into the "computer age", I've only had WebTv since 1999, ten long years...hard to give up something that you have grown so accustomed to...I'll save the box and the remote wireless infrared keyboard, but use this old tv for a target! (or, would that be too environmentally insensitive?)

lots of folks would say yes to insensitivity ....but if you clean it up ...whats the harm? then you deposit it on the local chapter of whale wars ..or something like that . btw the new South Park mocks the shi^ out of whale wars ' and their complete inepness .....   (like my spelling ) :D
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:57:43 AM »
  .....   (like my spelling ) :D

No! 

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »
Jim, Do you have your new 'puter up and running, now? Are you having fun looking at cannonz and such? Once you go PC, you'll never go back to Web.   ;D

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
Got it up and running, lots to learn, but it sure makes a difference! Love those youtube clips of cannons firing! One of these days soon I hope to learn how to upload pics so I can send some there to share.. :)

Offline Double D

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
kicking and screaming into the computer age!!!

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »
Yep! And, I may decide I like it and get rid of the WebTv! Just kidding, so far it's great, except the other half, who was pushing for me to get this, figured out how to play Solitare already, so I may be limited to how much time I can get on line! I have to get some tutored time to figure out how to attach pics to emails, so I can send stuff! Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement, 10 years of WebTv just might have been a bit too much! :) ;D