Author Topic: Packrat  (Read 240 times)

Offline peternap

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Packrat
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »
I needed to load some 45/70's today because I had so much fun with the Handi day before yesterday. The Handi chamber is a tad bigger than my Marlin so I needed to full length ize them. I have 3 shotgun presses and 6 rifle/pistol presses but when it comes to full length sizing large cases, I use the old Herters behemoth. I think I can size Oldsmobile's in it. Anyway, it uses a carrier for smaller shellholders and I was looking for that when I discovered a cardboard box. It had hundreds of fired 30.06 cases. I filled up the tumbler and kept looking. Then I ran across another box full of 98 Mauser parts, then a bag of ancient crap, new and still in their boxes...Then I found the carrier and sized all the cases.

I just wonder how much more stuff I forgot I had.

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Packrat
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
I know what you mean... I don't think I have ever thrown away a gun related item.  I am waiting till I actually retire before I go thru my boxes that I have had for many many years.  I know it will be like Christmas! 

Example, went to a local gun show in Fredericksburg VA yesterday.  Bought a NIB Old style Ruger Vaquero Bisley in 44 Mag, was so excited because I collect the bisley models.  After getting home I discovered I already had the exact gun, don't ever remember having the first one, oh well now I have 2.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.