Author Topic: new ole shotgun  (Read 491 times)

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
new ole shotgun
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
 i bought a mod. 50 semi 12 ga..over the weekend.. its got a limiter in the magazine..
 is that factory or can it be removed.. i don t know that i will as its well balanced but would like ,to know.slim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: new ole shotgun
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »
I'm not sure what you are calling a "limiter" really but I assume it's just a plug to limit the mag capacity to two rounds for hunting migratory game. If so they yeah all pumps and semiautos come with them and yes they are removable.

Generally you remove the cap that holds the barrel in place and then have access to it thru the front end of mag tube. Most commonly there is a plug of some sort that must be removed to get inside the tube where the spring is and the capacity limiting plug is there. On Remington guns which I am most familiar with it's just a stamped steel cap thing that is split and has a kinda spring tension to it. A screw driver to pry it out usually works well.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
i thought a model 50 was the 2 shot auto...or 3?
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
Dunno, may be. I was merely talking in generalities as I have zero experience with that gun. Browning once made a two shot semiauto and that's the only one I'm familiar with that has such limitations built into it intentionally but who knows this could be another.

Once many many long years ago I fired one single shot from a Winchester 59 I believe it was the one with the super light barrel as I recall. Some fellow had it at a place many folks used as a shooting range in those days. I'd picked up a bunch of clay targets that had not been broken by shooters and in return for sharing them with the guy he let me try his gun. Yeah I hit the target.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
The Winchester Model 50 is a 3 shot auto (2 in magazine, 1 in chamber).

Remington made some variations of their older autos that were 3 shot also - the 48A Sportsman and 58 Sportsman are two that come to mind.

Probably a few more brands/models were 3 shot also.