Author Topic: Reinhart Fajen TC Carbine Stock Sets  (Read 9294 times)

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Reinhart Fajen TC Carbine Stock Sets
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:20:34 PM »
These come up fairly often so I thought posting the specs for the carbine sets Reinhart Fajen used to offer for the TC Contender might be useful here.   I’ve owned a few of these buttstock sets.   Pictures are to show configs and colors - some are of sets I’ve owned and a couple I saved from I don’t remember where.

The colored birch laminate sets could be bought either as fully finished drop-in’s, or as unfinished (fully inletted, just needing final sanding, a buttplate and your finish applied).   Doing the final finishing yourself would save you about half the cost from Fajen.   You could also order these made from any grade of solid wood that Fajen offered at the time, either fully finished or unfinished.   They had a lot of really fancy woods so the sky was the limit on fancy.

They offered a couple of buttstock and forend styles for the carbines.   One was the Aristocrat with a high cheekpiece, and the other was the Thumbhole.

Colors offered were:

Color note:  On some of the Victory sets the blue looked more like green.

I also added this thread as it pertains to the Fajen pistol grip/foreend sets in the Thompson Center Handguns Forum above.

Ladobe
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline RAdkins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Reinhart Fajen TC Carbine Stock Sets
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 04:04:07 AM »
Nice looking stocks.  I forgot that Fajen had offered these stocks before they went out of business.

Offline Iowa Fox

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »
I have a Fajen Aristocrat Victory in camo for a contender. In my opinion it is the best fitting most naturally comfortable (grip area) stock I have. I have stocks from a lot of makers including factory. Bullberry is the second best fitting I have. I just wish I would have purchased a nice walnut instead of the camo plywood.

It would be nice to see someone offer this pattern again. Are the Weinig stocks the same pattern as the Aristocrat?

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
I have a Fajen Aristocrat Victory in camo...

Close, but "Victory" is a color, not a style pard.   You porbably have a Aristocrat in camo color.

It would be nice to see someone offer this pattern again. Are the Weinig stocks the same pattern as the Aristocrat?

I agree although I liked the thumbhole better myself.   Since Fred Wenig (note spelling) was a stockmaker at Fajen it's probably a pretty sure bet that influenced his own custom stock business.

L.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Salty Dog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:20:18 AM »
Let's limit discussion to Reinhart Fajen stock sets.  Thanks!
                                                                 ---------Moderator