Author Topic: trail cam pics  (Read 1731 times)

Offline ttank0789

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
trail cam pics
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:05:37 AM »
Got some nice trail cam pics. A few does, what looks to be a couple button bucks, and an absolute STUD! The picture of the buck isn't the best because he is walking away but when I zoomed it in a little and it looks like he may be an 11 point. Main frame 8 with a split brow on the right and then it looks like he may have a sticker on each side sticking out from the bases. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm only gonna put up the pic of the buck. Sorry for it being a little blurry, I had too zoom in to get a good look at the antlers.
"The most dangerous moment comes with victory."  
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

"Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
                                       -Joshua 1:9-

Offline khrhunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: trail cam pics
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »
this is the only pic i have of this buck but i thought it had a split right beam but zoomed in and it looks like an arrow in its ear. The hair is parted around it too
204 Ruger Ultra Fluted
204 RUGER HANDI
223BBL HANDI
223SS HANDI
25/06 HANDI
243 HANDI
20GA H&R
30/30-20 GA H&R COMBO,ALL MY KIDS GREW UP ON IT

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:14 AM »
That's a pretty neat pic! Hopefully you get another one of him so you can get a better look at it
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

"Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 06:01:41 AM »
ttank0789

Impressive buck
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »
He was walking past the same stand I killed a nice buck out of last year and a doe out of this year. And on the same exact trail as those others. Hopefully I'm there the next time he decides to take that route!
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

Offline kansasj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Check out this Kansas Non-typ--note the electric fence wire he has in his rack-- kinda shiney from a few miles on it!
Yesterday is history--tomorrow is a mystery--today is a gift!---That is why they call it the present!

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »
That's pretty cool. The wire just adds even more character to an already incredible rack!
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

Offline Zeeks

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 12:09:44 PM »
Only in my dreams would I see a nice buck like that here in ohio

Offline ttank0789

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
I got some more pics. One is from 3 weeks ago and the other from almost 2 weeks ago. It just kinda slipped my mind to post them here. I got a nice 8 point that's tall and has good mass, and 9 that's tall and wide without much mass. Gun season starts on Tomorrow here in Ohio so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these deer this week if their still alive because no one hunts in my general area so the deer feel safe there when everywhere else turns into a warzone. Does anyone have an idea on the age of the 9 pt? I don't know much about aging deer but I know that as they get older they get a sway in their back, a sagging belly, and their neck comes straight into their brisket. I see all of those starting on him so I'm guessing 3-1/2 or 4-1/2. Any thoughts? Sorry for writing a book but I have one more thing. The buck I killed in that stand last year and two of the bucks I have pics of have split brow tines, could they possibly be related?
                                       -Napoleon Bonaparte-

Offline khrhunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 02:15:44 AM »
this is the only pic i have of this buck but i thought it had a split right beam but zoomed in and it looks like an arrow in its ear. The hair is parted around it too
Ok I was wrong it wasnt an arrow heres a pic of it. My neighbors daughter killed it.
204 Ruger Ultra Fluted
204 RUGER HANDI
223BBL HANDI
223SS HANDI
25/06 HANDI
243 HANDI
20GA H&R
30/30-20 GA H&R COMBO,ALL MY KIDS GREW UP ON IT

Offline 41 mag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • My Pictures
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
Well at first I was going to suggest he might have torn it fighting, but with the newer evidence, I would like to pass along a big congrats to your neighbors daughter.

Nice to see the girls get a good one once in a while.

Offline Hunter Fishman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 10:25:34 AM »
Man! gotta love the trail cam pics. Thanks for sharing!