Author Topic: Might go buy a Sub 2000  (Read 3603 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Might go buy a Sub 2000
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:55:32 AM »
I've been doing a lot of reading and research on the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 the last couple of days and may go purchase one.  I've seen nothing but great reviews with the occasional trigger job needed.  How many of you guys have them and how have you modded them?  I would definitely be modding it as soon as I got it with rubber grips, stock extension, extended mag, rail, light/laser, etc.  What are the best mods you guys have and where are you finding them?
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
Re: Might go buy a Sub 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »
I have a SUB2k,   I have added a scope mount(2.5 x20 Shotgun scope)  a flashlight,and a single point sling. I reworked the trigger and shot the snot out if it.I have the version that uses S&W 59 mags. I can use the same mags in my Kel-Tec P11, Kel-Tec Sub2k, and in my S&W 915.
As to other mods go to KTOG.com the forums their are full of really good info.  HTH    Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »
I bought one last week in the 9mm Glock 17 setup.  I've already ordered a ton of accessories for it online and they should be here later this week.  When I get everything mounted, I'll post a few pics.  Kel-Tec came out last month with an aluminum Quad Rail forearm for the Sub2K's.  When I get that, everything will mount very easily and look great.  I ordered rubber grips, 4 33 rnd mags, rail mount laser, rail mount light, stock extension, tactical folding handgrip, and a tactical sling for it so far! haha

As soon as I can get an order placed with Kel-Tec, the Quad Rail will be on the way too.  It should look great when it's done.  I took it to the range yesterday for a few rounds and it is VERY accurate.  I was surprised for the price.  It's a great little gun at a great price.  I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in once I get the laser on it.

I'll post back...

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 07:51:01 AM »
Finally got around to taking some pics after mounting everything to the gun.  For Christmas, I'm getting a holographic reflex sight and some tactical rail covers.  Here's what it looks like for now.  It has the Kel-Tec Quad Rail forearm on it, light, laser, folding handgrip, Hogue handgrips, extended stock.

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 07:53:10 AM »
Didn't have the best light for the pics but you get the idea...

Offline shootinpreacher48

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
they are great guns and shoot great get one you will not regret it, they have a lifetime replacment on them, and great customer service.

Offline XD9

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 03:15:35 PM »
they are great guns and shoot great get one you will not regret it, they have a lifetime replacment on them, and great customer service.

That's mine pictured above...I bought one...  ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 05:25:05 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 06:15:08 AM »
I bought the first Sub 2000 that I saw when they came out. It was just fine but new rifle syndrome overcame me and away it went. A few years ago, when temporarily living in a "city", it seemed like a good idea to find another one. I bought a Sub2000Gen 2 with the easily adjustable stock using Glock 17 mags. It has been fine, hope I never have to use it on anyone, but know it will work.
Bill
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 05:20:30 AM »
I have a 40 cal Sub2000 that takes glock mags. Fun gun.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Online gypsyman

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 07:16:26 PM »
Glad to read some opinions on this firearm. Looking to get one in .40 that takes the S&W M&P mags. Rather hear from owners that aren't paid gun writers or get free stuff to do videos. Have a feeling that their review might be tainted.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 12:49:39 AM »
had one probably 15 years ago. Ran good for about 2000 rounds then started jamming. Found the bolt channels in the gun were worn. Kel-tec replaced the gun. Between losing confidence in it and the fact that back then there was no mount other then a side mount that worked with a red dot i just couldnt find the love and traded it off. If you have a glock or m&p and want a cheaper alternative look at these https://www.recovertactical.com/product/recover-tactical-20-20n-stabilizer-kit-for-glock-for-all-9mm-40-gen-1-and-2-glocks-including-glock-26-27/  you can drop a glock or m&p into one in minutes and if you need your handgun back take it out in a minute too. Ive got one for my m&ps and one for glock 9/40s About a 130 bucks with a red dot mount. My wife loves the thing With my m&p 9 in it she can roll soda cans at 50 yards more times then not. I think they now make them for 1911s too. The glock one has my extra glock 22 in it and sits in the console of the truck. Ive got one of those micro roni deals for a glock too but its much more bulky and looks like a buck rogers gun to me. It does work well and you can pop your gun in and out without even an alen wrench but it costs twice as much as the recovery tactical one.
blue lives matter

Online gypsyman

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 09:27:54 AM »
Thanks Lloyd, looks interesting. My son has an M&P also. Might convince him into going half and see how we like it.
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 05:31:42 AM »
My 40 cal does not have heavy recoil, but it is sharp and leaves marks.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.