Author Topic: Leupold is giving me a new scope!  (Read 672 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Leupold is giving me a new scope!
« on: November 05, 2009, 08:35:22 AM »
I knew my VX-II 2-7x33mm Shotgun Scope was messed up.   After three trips back to Leupold they're finally giving me a new scope.   They wanted to give me a Ultimate-Slam scope.   Instead we settled on another VX-II 2-7x33mm scope and they're going to set the set the parallax at 75 yards like the rest of their shotgun scopes.

They said my other scope had a parallax problem.   Can't wait to get it back and put it on my 11-87! 
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Dave in WV

Re: Leupold is giving me a new scope!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
Glad they came through for you. I'm not surprised they did.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:16:42 PM »
AFTER 3 trips were they trying to wear you down?
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »
AFTER 3 trips were they trying to wear you down?

I don't know lol!

I'm still not completely satisfied with their service.   If they would have found the second problem the first time it was there I would have been able to use my 11-87 the last few seasons.   And I wouldn't have wasted HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS in ammo trying to get the guns this scope was on sighted in.   

"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
I just talked to one of Leupolds managers. There was some confusion with my scope. Mainly because they have to change the parallax from the rifle setting (150 yards) to the shotgun setting (75 yards). The manager said they are going to make the change to the scope right now and ship it out today on "overnight delivery". I should get it tomorrow as long as long as UPS delivers in my area on Saturday. Worst case, I'll get it Monday. That still gives me almost a week to sight it in.

As long as Leupold takes care of me I'll buy their products almost exclusively. I've been hearing horror stories about other optic manufactures not taking care of their customers at all. I can't wait to get it back so I can use it!  ;D

Offline Yankee1

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
My variax 3 fell down a mountain. I sent it in for repairs. Leupold sent me a new one no charge.
                                       Yankee1