Author Topic: Cut Bank Cannoneer Convention 2010  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cut Bank Cannoneer Convention 2010
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:39:19 AM »
Gun Club meeting tonight.

I think it is a planning meeting for next years events.

2009 Montana Cannon shoot

If we were to hold another cannon shoot would you come?

It would be for  half scale and smaller.  We just don't have the room or range for full size guns.

Things that I would have to get done.  

Targets at 100 yards that can be seen from the ground---cannon level

Steel clanger gong at range.

Large huge Target Board at 500 yards.

Any interest?

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: Cut Bank Cannoneer Convention 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:02:33 AM »
Count us in!  We will be shooting something new, but it WILL NOT need a big azz trailer to haul it!

Tracy and Mike
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
yep 8) had a great time . I'll bring something new too  ;)

Doug is there a chance we can get a burm to recover balls ? Not sure if its to be in the same spot ? I had heard it wouldnt happen there again due to planting or harvesting /
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:05:26 AM »
     Gary, we think where it will be held next year, you won't need a berm, you will need some equipment like this:

T&M   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:20:47 AM »
    Gary, we think where it will be held next year, you won't need a berm, you will need some equipment like this:

T&M   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The company I work for makes waterproof bags for the Navy Seals.......... let me know I'll get some to keep your powder dry! ......   ;D

I may be able to come to this one...... depends on date, my money situation, time and if I have a cannon.......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Double D

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 05:48:06 AM »
Berms are unlikely this year.  I know more than one club member would like to have this feature.  So I will mention it.   It may happen as part of the dirt moving that club wants to do.  Right now we are waiting on donated equipment and time.

Offline gulfcoastblackpowder

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:25:53 AM »
Being in Fl, I'm not likely to make it, though it sounds like fun.

Offline Double D

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »

Think scheme, er a theme...Family vacation to see the great northern plains...Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rusmore, Little Big Horn Battlefield, Charlie Russell museum oh yeah and Cut Bank, MT!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 11:18:38 AM »

Think scheme, er a theme...Family vacation to see the great northern plains...Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rusmore, Little Big Horn Battlefield, Charlie Russell museum oh yeah and Cut Bank, MT!

DD,
I have thought about trying this tactic before, and the truth is I would really like to see Montana as I've never been there, but the other overriding truth is the fact that it would never fly with my better half, so I haven't even tried running this idea up the flagpole with her.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Double D

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »
So try, you might be surprised...I swung a trip one time by telling my wife along the way we would stop at the Laura Ingalls Wilder hometead.  Said it as a joke, she agreed, we stopped and it was interesting.

Goggle what ever your wifes interst and see what have in Montana.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
I'll give it a shot, but I'm not going to get my hopes up about it.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:59 PM »
I'm single, but it would be a long drive or awkward getting on the plane with a cannon.  Still, it could be fun...(excuse me sir, is that a cannon in your pocket...?)

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
This would be in 2010?  August, second weekend?  In addition to the one I have talked about in So. California?  Regarding which, by the way, I have not heard from either of the two persons related to N-SSA that I have emailed about insurance.

That was a long trip.  But I would consider it again.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »
I'm single, but it would be a long drive or awkward getting on the plane with a cannon.  Still, it could be fun...(excuse me sir, is that a cannon in your pocket...?)

;D "Thats The Rumor !"

but the real cannon is in my bags ! :D

Plane ride ,thats what would work best IMHO you could buy all your skivies , socks and bulky unimportant stuff in Cut Bank , yes they do have some stores ,no probem . Thats leaves the bulk of whatever the weight restrictions are . 35 -40lb cannon and you are in like flint !

BTW I found that the store keepers up there prefer silver dollars and halfs ......the paper stufff ....well they will take it , but you never saw a man eyes light up when he saw those Eisenhower coins .

Gary  

I only had two runins with the indians but they run off pretty quick ! Besides they cannt keep up with my car ! As soon as i was clear of them . I rolled down the window and yelled "remember the Alamo ! "  ;D

I was going to yell "bastages" too .....but I decided to take the high road . :D

Btw morko will fit in yuour bags .

Highroad Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Double D

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 02:06:13 PM »
You better check airfares, it is exspensive to fly up here and that's only to Great Falls 120 miles away.

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »
Unfortunately, my only cannon is much too heavy to go in my luggage.  I've got small arms, and yeah, if we've got a couple morkos he'd come along.  I may have to make a folding stock for him so he'll fit in my suitcase. 8)

120 miles from Great Falls is a lot shorter than 2778 miles from Tampa to Cut Bank.  Besides, it would put me in a good location to go the other direction for part of the trip if I wanted to go to Rushmore...

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
Thats true , Rushmore is one thing that lives up to it's reutation .

It is uuumongus no kidding ! :o  so many things , kind of dont really fullfill your expectations .

NOT MT. RUSHMORE ! ...It is awsome and should be seen . Then there's the crazyhorse monument .

It's a very nice area ! lots of stuff to do .

Gary  

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »

I only had two runins with the indians but they run off pretty quick ! Besides they cannt keep up with my car ! As soon as i was clear of them . I rolled down the window and yelled "remember the Alamo ! "  ;D

Gary

Ummmmmm Gary the Texican's fought them there Mexicans at the Alamo...........

Unless they was Mexican Indians.........

all you did was probably confuse them.........

I know at this point I'm confused......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Double D

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:15 PM »
We will have a cannon shoot next August. Watch for my opening post in the next day our two.

Offline Double D

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 04:51:40 AM »
Using the name suggested by BommLover The 2010 Cut Bank Cannoneer Convention wil be held August 7 and 8, 2010 at the Cut Bank Sportman's Association range in Cut Bank Montana.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 05:05:19 AM »

Gary

Ummmmmm Gary the Texican's fought them there Mexicans at the Alamo...........

Unless they was Mexican Indians.........

all you did was probably confuse them.........

I know at this point I'm confused

exactly ! I had to think quick and I knew Id never git away trying to out shoot them , so i baffled them with  ..B...S..

Offline Double D

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 05:24:21 AM »
BTW I found that the store keepers up there prefer silver dollars and halfs ......the paper stufff ....well they will take it , but you never saw a man eyes light up when he saw those Eisenhower coins .

Gary  

At least you weren't passing out $2 bills, that really would have raised some eyebrows

Offline Double D

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 05:54:19 AM »
but the real cannon is in my bags ! :D
Plane ride ,thats what would work best IMHO you could buy all your skivies , socks and bulky unimportant stuff in Cut Bank , yes they do have some stores ,no probem . Thats leaves the bulk of whatever the weight restrictions are . 35 -40lb cannon and you are in like flint !

Gary  

Another good idea from Gray, this way you would be all dressed up like one of the locals and you wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb...and the home owned J.C. Pennies will appreciate the business.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 07:13:49 AM »
well,

I may have my lack of a shooter solved soon I am going to bid on a little repro mortar like I used to own shortly...... if I win I'll have something to shoot if I can make it....

Offline Double D

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
Something we need for the shoot--Steel gongs.  I would like to put up a 12 inch gong at 100 yards and 24 inch gong at 200 yards. 

If anyone coming has the steel to make and donate these gongs, sure would appreciate it.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
Double D, I could send you some 6" gongs, cut bottoms of the scuba tanks, good for 50 yard gongs for 1/2 or 1/3 scale shooters....
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »
Would those be steel or alum. ?

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
Make that 1/4 scale, or 1/3 scale....for some reason, I like the title of this event! Cut Bank Cannoneers Convention! I'd like to come, and will try to make appro arrangements, if gas isn't up to 5$/gal by then! Steel... BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
Something we need for the shoot--Steel gongs.  I would like to put up a 12 inch gong at 100 yards and 24 inch gong at 200 yards.

How thick?  What about CPTR silhouettes?
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
Double D, I could send you some 6" gongs, cut bottoms of the scuba tanks, good for 50 yard gongs for 1/2 or 1/3 scale shooters....

Bring them!