Author Topic: sending primers  (Read 570 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
sending primers
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
this may not be the place but is there a way to send primers to someone without costing an arm and leg and if so how do you do it. don't want to be illegal. any info would be helpful i have never shipped anything like this.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: sending primers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:53:15 PM »
They can only be shipped in primed brass same as ammo by ORM-D ground UPS or Fedex, bulk primers can't be shipped by mere mortals, you need a hazmat permit and training.

Tim

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/hazardous/index.html?WT.svl=SubNav
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »
that sounds kind of silly to me quick i can send them in ammo but not bulk primers. seems like primers would be safe to ship if packaged really good. oh well guess i won't be able to send primers.  do you know what the penalty is if you ilegally ship these primers just curious not planning to just wondering is all.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »
Besides being banned from GBO, I think the max penalty is $10,000 and up to a year in federal prison since it's a federal offense.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,181666.msg1098882749.html#msg1098882749
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »
like i said just curious don't understand the thinking of sending primers as worse than sending primed cases or loaded
ammo 

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
Have you ever noticed, how primers are packed from the whole salers?    In a box ten times larger than the primers package.  most times with one or two air pillows  or  popcorn packing..  it's a wonder ya get them at all the way they pack them..
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline Illhunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »
never ordered them so don't know but i would think if you packed them really good so there could be no damage you wouldn't need to have some special training to ship and pack primers.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »
never ordered them so don't know but i would think if you packed them really good so there could be no damage you wouldn't need to have some special training to ship and pack primers.

I agree BUT the folks who make those decisions do not so we're stuck with what they give us if we wish to remain legal and out of jail.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline rawhidekid

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »
Have you ever noticed, how primers are packed from the whole salers?    In a box ten times larger than the primers package.  most times with one or two air pillows  or  popcorn packing..  it's a wonder ya get them at all the way they pack them..
This is not true in all cases.  I have seen Winchesters packed as you describe, but I just opened a case of CCI Large Pistol Primers and the five boxes were in a stack with no packing around them. 8)  The box I opened was the addressed box to the retailer.
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman