Author Topic: Opinions on Bersa 380  (Read 909 times)

Offline Noreaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Opinions on Bersa 380
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »
Local shop has a bunch on the shelf at great price. I've heard these are reliable little pistols. Anyone have experience with them?

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Re: Opinions on Bersa 380
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 04:09:49 AM »
I used to have one...wish I still did.  It was a great little pistol.  I sold it to buy my Kel-Tec PF9.  Money was tight at the time and the only way to get the PF9 was to trade in the Bersa Thunder380 I had.  It was a great carry gun for t-shirt weather when I couldn't conceal anything bigger.  It was fairly accurate and I never had any feed problems out of it.  I did have a bad magazine that would fail to feed but I replaced the mag and never had the problem again.  For the price, they're a good gun.

Good luck finding .380 ammo right now though.  Around here, there's none to be found.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:18:39 AM »
I know of three folks that have one in different configurations (CC, CC nickel, and two tone).

All of them like the gun and none have had any problems aside from one failure to feed from a limp wristed shooter.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 04:31:44 AM »
No complaints whatsoever.  Fun little gun to shoot and reliable....can't ask for much more from a handgun that cost me something like $169 way back when.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Justin

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
I had one of the two tones.  i loved the gun and only got rid of it to get a Judge!  biggest mistake i made.  Mine shot great and was a good gun.  Can't go wrong as long as you can find the ammo.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 02:40:35 PM »
No complaints whatsoever with mine. Feeds anything.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:45:15 AM »
Solid, reliable, functional.  A good handgun for a decent price.

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 04:42:26 AM »
I love mine.  I think I have close to 500 rounds through it with no problms whatsoever.  If you can find one at a good price buy it.  You won't be disappointed.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline KBEN

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 02:39:43 AM »
The Bersa 380 is my primary carry weapon, I also have the Bersa 9UC which I carry. They are both accurate and reliable with a lifetime warranty. I also sell them for academy sporting goods.