Author Topic: Reloading supplies and most ammo back in central Kansas  (Read 416 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Reloading supplies and most ammo back in central Kansas
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:37 AM »
Just in the last couple of weeks things have really started looking up. A couple different shops now appear to have full supplies of powders and much better on primers. Prices are just a bit more than a year ago. Almost all ammo available including .380 at $19.95 a box, .223 around $12 and 30-06 around $20.00. Hope this continues.
GuzziJohn

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
Re: Reloading supplies and most ammo back in central Kansas
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:37:40 AM »
 Same here in Minn. Although I'm just putting together my bench, I've watched and listened to local gents for over a year. Local stores now have primers and powder in their glass lockers insted of notes asking if you want to be on "the list".

Also, just met a Nolser rep that's a member of our shooting range/rifle club, he's said (with pause) that suppliers are getting
caught-up to demand, hopefully the incesant hoarding that's be going on for the last year is nearing an end.

IMO, The problem has been caused by consumers and no other entity,,anyone remember pre-Y2K?
found elsewhere

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 12:28:45 AM »
 Supplies better here too. I'm not paranoid but I wouldn't call stocking up some extra supplies baseless? There are plenty of goofy ideas trying to get passed, with more to come when the time is right.
NRA, Veteran

Offline jumpsteady

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:13:28 AM »
Just in the last couple of weeks things have really started looking up. A couple different shops now appear to have full supplies of powders and much better on primers. Prices are just a bit more than a year ago. Almost all ammo available including .380 at $19.95 a box, .223 around $12 and 30-06 around $20.00. Hope this continues.
GuzziJohn

Where at in central Kansas? I live in Topeka, and we still don't have near what we did a year ago. The local Gates of Hell(Walmart) doesn't have hardly anything at all. I haven't seen a box of loaded .357's here in town for over 9 months at least.
Charter Member, Sons of the American Legion, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Charter Member, American Legion Riders, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:39:23 AM »
Around the Mcpherson area.
GuzziJohn