Author Topic: Makin meat out west is the way to go.  (Read 656 times)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
Makin meat out west is the way to go.
« on: October 18, 2003, 04:38:51 PM »
Had my 1st taste of antelope tonite.  Mighty tasty.  I gotta say that these animals have earned my respect.  I never realized (having never hunted them before) how fast they are and how good their eye site is.  But man, do they smell :eek: !!!!!!!  At least the bucks do.  This hunt in Wyoming was also my 1st out west (out of the big woods) and the method of spot and stalk was fantastic.  I think I will find it hard to "sit and wait" during the deer season in Michigan's U.P.  But with so many hunters(well over 1 million) there is little else you can do unless you are on private property.  I gotta say, that I envy you guys from out west.  I hope to make a habit of going to Wyoming or maybe even Arizona (have hunting relatives in both places).  No wonder they dont want to come hunt here.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline Silverado

• http://www.excelonmars.com/Canada
'Lopes
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 10:30:28 AM »
You're right about one thing longwinters, they are FAST! Actually the pronghorned antelope is the fastest land animal in North America, and they supposedly have eyesight equal to a man with 20/20 using 10X binos :shock:

Offline crow_feather

Makin meat out west is the way to go.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 07:00:36 AM »
Longwinters,

While I am not an antelope expert, I have been told by old antelope experts that the animals can distinguish the color orange even when you are inside your pick up.  When we are spotting herds, we now leave our hunter orange off until we begin our stalk.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.