Author Topic: Albino Doe  (Read 715 times)

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Albino Doe
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »
Saw an albino doe last night. They must be able to see orange because when she spotted me, she jumped sideways and was gone like she was shot out of a cannon. I have had deer bust me before, but as long as I didn't move, they would look a little bit, and then go back to what they were doing. Wish I could have got a shot, I would have gotten that one mounted.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
Re: Albino Doe
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »
Oops, meant to post this in deer hunting, not wisconsin. Can a moderator move it?

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:10:44 AM »
Can do

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
Doubt they have color vision.  A usual trait of albino animals and people is poor eyesight.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 01:45:04 AM »
That's what I have heard too charles. I suspect she winded him. If you end up getting her mirage, post some pics. I would like to see her. Good luck.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
Could be a white deer, unless she was close enough to see the eye color. there is a good size population of white deer here in central N.Y. on the old Seneca Army depot and some have gotten out and interbred with the regular white tail population. Seeing a big white buck is pretty impressive!
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »
Dee,
It was on our yearly trip to missouri, so it is unlikely I will get her this year unless we go back down for muzzleloader season. You might be right about getting winded, I was on the top of a ridge in a brush pile, and she was down in the ravine, about eighty yards away or so. I just thought it odd how quickly she spooked, usually they will look for a bit like they are trying to get you to move. 

Offline fr3db3ar

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
I can virtually promise you they can't see blaze orange.  I wear Mossy Oak Blaze camo and I had a doe within 20 yards look right through me.  I was sitting in a chair on the ground....she didn't bolt until she walked downwind of me. and even then ran about 50 yards....looked around....then walked away.
Aim Small, Miss Small

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »
Dee,
It was on our yearly trip to missouri, so it is unlikely I will get her this year unless we go back down for muzzleloader season. You might be right about getting winded, I was on the top of a ridge in a brush pile, and she was down in the ravine, about eighty yards away or so. I just thought it odd how quickly she spooked, usually they will look for a bit like they are trying to get you to move. 
Yea, I could be wrong you never know. The air seems to really swirl around canyons hills though regardless of the wind direction.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett