Author Topic: 2010 Elk, brown bear, moose place  (Read 791 times)

Offline bigchast1

• Trade Count: (0)
2010 Elk, brown bear, moose place
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:20:37 AM »
I am looking for a place I can hunt, harvest a big animal. Have taken deer, black bear, small stuff. Want to find a fellow hunter with the property, or access to land where I can do this. Would be first time crossing Mississippi River, so two adventures at once!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: 2010 Elk, brown bear, moose place
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:45:09 AM »
Hate to break it to ya but that just ain't happening. Brown bear/grizzly bear must be hunted in AK or Canada and both require you to hire a licensed guide to hunt. Moose can be hunted without a guide in AK I believe as well as in the few lower 48 states where they are found but your chances of getting tag out west for them is so slim you might not live long enough to draw one and for sure you ain't getting one next year.

Canada and AK are where you can actually go to hunt both but you best have a huge pile of money to do it. Sadly it's no longer a situation of finding a willing local and just going hunting.

Now elk ya can pull off that way in some places like CO where you can hunt some areas without a draw.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline bigchast1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
Ok, Elk in CO it is! So is there anyone here, or can y'all point me to a place and give contact info?
Them things are big and purdy. What about sheep, or are they ram's, or it two different things?
Just lookin in all the windows as I walk by.
Chast

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
Forget sheep. They are harder to draw and cost more to hunt than grizzly and brown bear.

Go to the Hunting Western Big Game Forum here and ask your questions there. Also read the threads already there as what you are asking has been asked and answered several times on threads there but it never hurts to ask again to get the newest info from folks. It is way down the list in the State, Regional, Country Specific Forums Section. The URL is: http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/board,152.0.html

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »
I am looking for a place I can hunt, harvest a big animal. Have taken deer, black bear, small stuff. Want to find a fellow hunter with the property, or access to land where I can do this. Would be first time crossing Mississippi River, so two adventures at once!

Plenty of bull elk permits were left after the drawing this morning in northern Utah (I got mine first thing this morning so I'm set for a buck deer and a bull elk,and getting. Now I just need to get some good 8mm hunting loads,and get all my gear together before this winter.). I think the site just went down though,as the deadline is just about now (as in RIGHT NOW) to apply for the antlerless drawing. People must not realize the closing deadline was 11pm,not midnight. You can see what is available at wildlife.utah.gov when its back up.