Author Topic: Lock, Stock & Barrel Out of Business  (Read 573 times)

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Lock, Stock & Barrel Out of Business
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:33:45 AM »
Their website has been down for a while and they don't answer their phones, so....

I just got off the phone with the C of C in Valentine, NE and Lock, Stock, & Barrel shooting supllies & ammo is in fact out of business. Was told by the gent there that the bank had called in their loan, they couldn't meet it and closed their doors. As far as the C of C gent knew they hadn't filed bankruptcy yet, but he also said they had no plans to reopen. Heresay I know, but its better than nothing.

I've been a customer of theirs for a long time and considered them one of the best sources we had out there, so they will be missed. But I am also kind of mad at the same time for the way they just left all their loyal customers hanging too.

Good example of whats happening to this once great country, even the good are being forced into being bad.

Goodbye LS&B.   :(

Larry

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Ron T.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Lock, Stock & Barrel Out of Business
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:07:03 AM »
I'm truly sorry to hear that Lock, Stock & Barrel has gone outta business.  Like so many, I did quite a bit of business with 'em over the years.

It seems that EVERY type of business has gotten "cut-throat" and in an attempt to stay in business and under-price their competition, a good many business which were very successful for a long time end up failiing because their bills & expenses have kept going up while their profits went the other direction.

I hate to be an "old foggy", but the times, they are a-changin'... and it doesn't seem the "change" is gonna be for the best.    :(

I get reminded of this fact every time I have to "Press 1 for English" among all the other "changes" that have occurred in the past several years... (sigh).   ::)

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that I done business with them off and on for a lot of years.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »
Threw the grapevine, from what I heard, couldn't get the merchandise to sell, so unfortunetly couldn't keep up with the bills. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »
Must have just happened a friend of mine bought some stuff from them within the last couple weeks or so and got it promptly as I recall.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline wncchester

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 03:47:15 AM »
Sad.  L,S & B always did me well.  Many small businesses are being killed off by their banks.

Large American businesses have gone down hill at an ever accerating rate since many started hireing MBA ("Masters of Business Adminstrataion", an oxymoron if there ever was one) to take over.   It's been the MBAs that drove businesses to re-design and cheapen their products, advertise them as  "NEW!  IMPROVED!" for higher prices to increase the short-term gain while, eventually, losing market share.  Even the long stumbling giants of Detroit finally toppled under the weight of all that kind of foolishness, and without them learning a thing!

What we are seeing in banking today is largely the MBA mind-set at work there.  Many banks are seeking the fast buck, to hell with what happens later, even to themselves.  Thus we get situations where viable businesses caught in a squeeze can't get help but get knocked out by the banks they have been doing business with, many for years.  When the business goes under and the assets are sold off, often at pennies on the dollar in economic times like these, the banks lose too!   Stupid for sure but no MBA brain will ever grasp that.

Suppose they are looking for BozO amd company to hand them a few more tons of our tax money to make up their short-fall?

Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline bkraft

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 06:48:44 AM »
Gun Control, by any other name is still gun control. Don't matter if they are legal or not, if you don't have ammo they become a rather attractive stick.
Knowledge is Power, the more you know the more you know.