Author Topic: Winchester SXR VS. Remington 750  (Read 853 times)

Offline e7satts

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester SXR VS. Remington 750
« on: November 20, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »
I have owned the Remington 750 .30-06 for two years, bought new, and have had nothing but problems!  I sent it in for reblueing after the first season I used it and now this year the butt stock cracked all the way through at the receiver.  The gun has not been abused at all and stripped and cleaned after every use and still the problems.  I brought it to the people who sold it to me and they said Rem. probably wouldn't warranty it and offered me a deal.  They said they would give me a new Winchester SXR .30-06 for my Remington and a $100.  Just wondering if anyone else has heard of any issues like this with the 750 and would like to hear what people think of the Win. SXR.  All of my uncles, grandpa, dad, and brother in-law shoot Remington 7400s and haven't had any issues and just wondering if mine is a lemon or something.  The only issue with the whole thing is that I'm not a scope guy, I prefer iron sights or peeps, and I'm not sure the barrel on the Win. is thick enough to tap a front sight in.  Would like to hear all info. on both rifles and will have to go from there I guess!  Thanks in advance!!

Offline e7satts

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Winchester SXR VS. Remington 750
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 12:04:33 PM »
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong spot...you think someone could put it in it's appropriate category!!  Thanks and sorry!