Author Topic: Shipping Barrels South  (Read 678 times)

Offline togojeff

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Shipping Barrels South
« on: November 26, 2009, 03:12:21 PM »
Can I ship a barrel to the U.S. from Canada?

Offline Podmahoy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Shipping Barrels South
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
I know H&R don't offer the additional barrels in Canada because of the US export laws. Thompson Centre don't accept repair work from Canada either, they have an authorised gun smith in Manitoba to handle Canadian work. I would e-mail H&R and see what they say.

Offline togojeff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 03:31:54 PM »
Reason I'm asking is because I would like to list one in the NEF/H&R Classifieds.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
tis  ok  here

don't  know  about  canada
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »
That's not a gun barrel, it's a machine part called a 'charge tube' for a 'hole punch'.  ;D  ;)

Don't know about barrels but I just sent some "furniture parts" (stock & forearm) to someone from this forum up in the Great White North with no trouble.

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
Can I ship a barrel to the U.S. from Canada?

I THINK so, yes. I know the other way around is a no-no, or at least very trouble some. Wait till Tim see's this, he'll have a better answer.

With all the trouble up there getting stuff, why not keep it in country? And list it as "in canada only",, or is that trouble too?. I know a guy that shipped "machine parts".

( after reading post's after this one,,I guess I know little on the subject, I'll be the first to admit it,, )
found elsewhere

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
That's not a gun barrel, it's a machine part called a 'charge tube' for a 'hole punch'.  ;D  ;)

Don't know about barrels but I just sent some "furniture parts" (stock & forearm) to someone from this forum up in the Great White North with no trouble.

I would think that it would fall under the description of an auto part.   At least that's what I told the guy once when he asked me what it was.
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
Tim, you can move or remove this if you wish.  What we all need to do is grab our governments by the seat of the pants and MAKE them do what we, the People, want.  All of this, no matter which country, is just B.S.  I just went through the same thing with an Aussie friend not long ago.  I'll bet you can do anything you want with AKs or parts in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Iraq.  If there ever was a law, I think it got shoved.  Governments need to realize, Handis aren't firearms........they're a disease and the International Red Cross should distribute ammunition to help aid the patient's anxiety...............Sure ::)

Pete

Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »
government  is  worried  about  guns  crossing the  boarders to the north

but  won't stop  the invasion  from the south
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 05:18:14 PM »
I'd ask Canadian Post people, but if it is O.K. there, you should be good to go.  I don't think the U.S. Post folks or Customs will give you a problem.  Getting it out of Canada might be another thing.  I'm sitting here waiting to be locked up as an international gun dealer because I sent a Handi part to Australia.

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline mccleese

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
It's not illegal to send a barrel to Canada.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »
Barrels are no problem shipped by individuals to Canada from the US, I've shipped a couple, several members here have shipped them also, but I don't have a clue what the regs are for Canadians shipping barrels south, that would be something you should check on from your end, I doubt it is a problem, but ya never know.  ;) I've bought stocks from Canadians, shouldn't be any different, they're just gun parts, not firearms.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline togojeff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
I'll be doing some checking up here as you say, just thought someone might have
known offhand.

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »
Its a long metalic straw  ::)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 11:59:51 PM »
i recieved a ruger #1 barrel from alberta last month.
the seller had no problems....it just took awhile!!!

description was... ruger barrel... and it was inspected.

you should be ok
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:48 AM »
I'm sure you're OK on the buyer's end, because a barrel is not a firearm here. Receiving it in the USA internationally should be no different than me buying parts for my car from a junkyard in Windsor.

I have no idea if you would be committing a crime by carrying a boxed gun barrel into a Canadian post office and mailing it out of the country.