Author Topic: .45 ACP ammo recommendation  (Read 2181 times)

Offline bubbinator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: .45 ACP ammo recommendation
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:34 PM »
Winchester RA45SXT and RA45T are 2 different bullets. The SXT is the "For civilian consumption" ammo. The RA 45T is the "real deal" black talon w/o the  technology that spawned the SXT terminolgy (SXT=same exact thing) without black coating that makes liberals piss their  panties. I carry the RA45T 230s for defense and also like the Speer Gold Dot 200 PlusP for hunting deer backup.

Offline BIGDAVE54

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: .45 ACP ammo recommendation
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
 I carry Speer Gold dots in my first 3 x 15 rd. mags for my FNP .45 ACP. They are on my shoulder rig along with my knife. I usually carry the two 14 rd. mags on my belt in a polymer mag carrier loaded (1st mag) 230 gr Wincester personal Defence rd. (2nd mag) Decent brand of 230 grain FMJs. I always have either my 45-70 in the trunk with Rem 405 gn, sp or my 20 gauge with slugs. I always carry my little 14 oz. 5 shot Charter Arms .38 spl with hydra shocks x 4 and a snake shot rd. for dogs in 1st place there. I carry 2 x speed loaders of hydra shocks in my rt. pocket and a speed loader of 158 grain soft lead +P+ rds. from my security days along with 5 rds. of rat shot in my left pocket. I also have an asst. opening blade in each front pocket. In my home state we have uncovered a terrorist traing camp about an hour up the road and several terrorists running cigarette scams for money ops. in NC next door. When I take the wife to the mall I am always ready to rumble....but I loadup exactly this way each and every time I leave my house. If there is trouble with these people ....we won't have but seconds to react and they will be long gone by the time the police arrive unless we tack them to the floor.