Author Topic: scopes  (Read 688 times)

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
scopes
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
Redfield scopes are back! I just ordered one 3x9x40 with Accu Range with Leupolds forever warranty.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline c1skout

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: scopes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »
 Where'd you order from? All I can find is "coming soon" stuff.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »
Mid South and it's on back order. Swfa also had them listed for a few dollars more.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
Redfield scopes are back! I just ordered one 3x9x40 with Accu Range with Leupolds forever warranty.

I hope they are better than they use to be!  When i had my gunshop, after the cheapo scopes, Redfield was the brand i had the most trouble with.  They also were the hardest to deal with when it came to warr. too.

DM

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »
I have a 1971 Widefield that to this day 39 years later is my go to scope. Still original and never been in for service. Back in the 70's my friends would borrow it after there Tasco's and Bushinells blew up just sighting in there 06's. I did hear that in the 90's they made some less desirable scopes. Any ways if Leupold has there way it should be a decent scope for the money. I'm putting it on a 12ga. slug gun and will know soon how it holds up.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
I'm putting it on a 12ga. slug gun and will know soon how it holds up.
That's a pretty good way to test it, that's for sure!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline 84Jim

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 02:03:15 AM »
I use an original 1965 2 x 7 to this day on my 06. Its starting to get a brown tint, but I can live with it for now.  Its right on the money every year when I sight it in.

Redfield was the brand i had the most trouble with

I tried to buy another one in the late 1980's and the guy at the gunshop talked me out of it for that reason.