Author Topic: Desecration of a national treasure  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Zulu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
Desecration of a national treasure
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
Look what my wife did to the concrete gun I have on the front porch!!! :o  I told her that defending the freedom of the neighborhood has never been so demeaning.  She told me to think of it as camoflage.  I told her I'd have her "Kissing the Gunners Daughter" and she looked at me like I was an idiot.  I decided to leave well enough alone and shutup. :'(
This concrete 6 pounder was my first one.  Treated wood ships carriage with red ribbons ???
Zulu

Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Online Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Desecration of a national treasure
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:55 AM »
Consider yourself lucky, my wife would have put a big red bulb in the muzzle...Kudo's to your Wife for her good taste!  This near kewpie stuff...share one with her... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »
You get many trick or treaters ? You can dress up as a pirate next year and BE Johnny Depp !

You better chain that thing down so it dont "r u n n o o f t"   some night .  ;D

No salesmen I bet ?

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:39 AM »
Oh, Isn't it Cute!  Don't you think it's Cute?
Such a darling, precious little thing.

I think it's SO CUTE!
(giggle, tee-hee)
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »
A few months ago a friend snuck in one night and put a large pair of Mickey Mouse ears on the muzzel.  He hung a sign underneath that said "Give Peace a Chance".
I wasn't sure who did it for a couple of days and was wondering if it was a disgruntled neighbor.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:25:18 AM »
"Kissing the gunner's daughter" might be considered a little too brutal, and keelhauling her is problematic, seeing as you don't have a keel, or a large body of water to put it in, but you could sneak in the bathroom when she's in the tub, and hold her head under for a spell. :D
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:27:44 AM »
"Kissing the gunner's daughter" might be considered a little too brutal, and keelhauling her is problematic, seeing as you don't have a keel, or a large body of water to put it in, but you could sneak in the bathroom when she's in the tub, and hold her head under for a spell. :D

Sneak in when she is washing her hair after a day of shooting cannons and turn the water to cold.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »
Zulu,

Don’t listen to these fellow’s! They are just heading you into trouble,

You should encourage you wife and get into the spirit of the season ….

How about a red & white guard shack and a couple of wooden soldiers?

That would dress up the display! Heck with your talent you could turn out

a couple of 6ft nut crackers for the front yard.......
 ;D
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Evil Dog

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »
Do I detect a possible entry for the Calendar photo contest?
Evil Dog

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote. - Benjamin Franklin (1759)

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
Do I detect a possible entry for the Calendar photo contest?

For the month of December for sure.. You have my vote!! Outstanding..

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »
WWooHOO  :D  IT CALENDER TIME !!!!! DD wake UP BUDDY ITS CALENDER TIME AGIAN    !!!!!!!!!

gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline pyrocroats

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
IDK about you but I think powder/wad/ ornaments and decorations...tamp... tamp... tamp ....light *Fire in the hole*

Ka booommmm!
Decorations on the neighbors lawn LOL  ;D

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
Actually I think you should fire a few rounds towards your hippie peacenik friend's house to celebrate.   :-\
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 01:31:05 PM »
If you had more cannons, she would have way more fun decorating. I think you should encourage her to enjoy herself in this manner.

Offline brokenpole

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:37 AM »

Sneak in when she is washing her hair after a day of shooting cannons and turn the water to cold.

Personally, I was never one to do such childish pranks.  I am much too refined.  Now my wife on the other hand decided to hit me with a 2 quart pitcher of ice water when I was in the shower.  So the next time she was in I brought in the garden hose from outside.  Oh...did I mention that is was the middle of December...in New Jersey.  ;D  :o

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 02:52:45 AM »
Brokenpole,
Just reading your post, makes me shiver. My older brother used to pull that ice water on my head in the shower routine when we were kids. The wretch!
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 03:47:44 AM »
Personally, I was never one to do such childish pranks.  I am much too refined.  Now my wife on the other hand decided to hit me with a 2 quart pitcher of ice water when I was in the shower.  So the next time she was in I brought in the garden hose from outside.  Oh...did I mention that is was the middle of December...in New Jersey.  ;D  :o

I do apologize, I should have remembered the dignity and decorum with which the memebers of this forum ALWAYS conduct themselves.  

You are saying that you used an hydraulic ice cannon?  I seem to recall reading something about attempts to construct an hydraulic cannon back in the 1860s or 1870s.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Online Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 04:40:38 AM »
Zulu do get us pictures of that gun covered in snow!!!