Author Topic: shell ejection  (Read 473 times)

Offline 262

• Trade Count: (0)
shell ejection
« on: December 09, 2009, 03:39:59 AM »
Purchase a 20 ga. ultra light slung gun this past Sat. Will not eject the shells loaded or empty. the ejector is lower than the shell rim. Tried other makes no luck. send back factory or is there a easy fix. never owned a single shot shotgun. how hard is it to take gun apart.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: shell ejection
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »
Welcome aboard, you came to the right place. It may be an easy fix, it just sounds like it is the ejector button lifter spring. All the patrs are located in the lug below the barrel. I suggest yoiu just bring it back to the store you bought it from as a defective gun and get another. Let them end oit back to the factory to be fixed, not you. I you do, be sure to call and ask for a "call tag" so you don't have to pay for shipping. My suggestion, as a new guy with H&R's, bring it back to the store...best of luck. By the way there are pictures and parts labeled in the FAQ's....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 262

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
thank you. H&R is sending a shipping label to send back to the factory. to fix the problem

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:44:46 AM »
Your welcome, and a very Merry CHHRISTmas to you and your family. Don't be a stranger to the site, come often and stay late. There is much to learn and enjoy here and a nice bunch of guys (and women) to share things with....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley